Best sight gags. . . EVA!

I’ll go with the Carlton dance.

It never got old no matter how many times they returned to that well.

Another good one!

Mr. Potato Head from Loaded Weapon 1. I don’t remember much else from the movie, but this scene still makes me laugh!

Too many to mention in The Pink Panther Strikes Again. The parallel bars dismount into a stairwell, swating a fly with a mace on a chain, asassins killing eachother in the crossfire in bathroom stalls when Clouseau drops the toilet paper, etc.

I’m re-watching Perfect Strangers lately and it is amazing how good the slapstick is. Those guys are surprisingly athletic and also in tune like a couple weird twins. I thought I just liked the show because I was a little kid when it was on but it is seriously good now as an adult.

If you’re a fan of slapstick & sight gags, and not really familiar with this show (or want a trip down memory lane), check out clips on YouTube. Even better - get the DVDs from the library!

One of the best sight gags is in the first episode of King of the Hill. They have shown Dale, his wife Nancy and how John Redcorn is helping her with her “Headaches” and then they cut to Joseph for the first time and he is obviously not Dale’s son. Really really sad and funny.

For safety’s (and profit’s) sake, they’d probably want to do it as a green screen gag, and sell you the DVD. Or flash drive download.

The greatest sight gag award goes to Keaton, probably for something in Sherlock, Jr. Depending on how you define it, it could be:

[ul]
[li]When Keaton goes onto the stage.[/li][li]His “quick change” to become and old woman[/li][li]The motorcycle ride.[/li][li]The final gag.[/ul][/li]
Chaplin, too, had many great ones. A favorite of mine is in The Pawnbroker, where he casually destroys a clock, then gives the parts back to the owner with a shrug that says, “I can’t fix it.”

For W. C. Fields, there’s a scene in The Man on the Flying Trapeze where he’s getting up to capture the burglars in the basemen. The business with the socks is hilarious.

Overall, though, I suppose my favorite is the restaurant sequence in Jacques Tati’s Playtime. It’s about a half hour of one absolutely brilliant sight gag piled upon another (sometimes several going on at once), and where on gag leads to another one five minutes later and then, when you’ve forgotten about it, it comes up again.

The movie you’re thinking of is called “The Music Box.”

Here it is. I thought it was pretty funny when I first saw it too.

One of my favorites from a great British series Only Fools and Horses.

Been too long since I’ve watched Police Squad!, but surely it must have some contenders. Anyone care to help me out, or am I going to have to rewatch the whole thing? :slight_smile:

Not only do I disagree, I hate that I had to link-chase to see what you were talking about. If you had said it was the Buster Keaton falling house clip, I wouldn’t had to click on it.

Yesterday’s Super Bowl, from Namath screwing up the coin toss onward.

David Hyde Pierce irons a shirt. Hilarity ensues.

she was in their movie Room_Service. so they worked together before.

Wow, I did not think it could be found.

Leslie Nielsen climbing the outside of a building, having a statue’s phallus break off in his hand, then crashing through the bedroom window of a woman who starts screaming at the sight of an intruder brandishing a dildo.

Shatner angrily wondering why he isn’t notified about these things in AIRPLANE II.

Note that the Marx Brothers’ mirror scene was an old vaudeville gag and was used previously by Charlie Chaplin and Max Linder on screen.

Looking for a link to the video but can’t find it. David Angell, one of the producers of Frasier, was killed in the 9/11 attacks. In the first episode they filmed after there was a large porcelain elephant in the middle of the apartment that was never discussed during the episode. It was the “elephant in the room” that no one was willing to talk about. Simple and effective.