Best Thread Ever

It used to be a guilty pleasure, but now I shout it with pride: Best Week Ever on VH-1 is my favorite show on television these days.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, it’s basically “I Love Last Week,” where comedians come out and talk about the pop culture news from the previous week. The difference is that while the “I Love the…” shows are basically B-list celebs sitting around saying stuff like, “Remember Pop Rocks? How fucked up was that?!?”, this show has to make up for the lack of nostalgia by actually being funny.

Anybody else as big a fan of the show as I am?

And is it wrong for me to be having odd crushes on so many of the cast? Like Rachel Harris? And John Aboud of the Modern Humorist? And Paul F Tompkins of Mr. Show? And Leigh Kessler of I don’t know where he came from?

And now that I’ve disturbed everyone, favorite quotes from the show:

On Madonna’s latest “re-invention” as Jewish grandmother:
“With her latest re-invention, Madonna has gone from being a MILF to being a MILSH – Mom I’d Like to Shtup.”

On Hugh Hefner’s book and the question, “What is he a master of?”
“Hugh Hefner is a master… of the Vag.”

On Andre 3000 of OutKast
“Andre 3000 has announced that he’s going to be playing Jimi Hendrix in an upcoming movie. I’d like to announce that I’m going to be masturbating to that movie.”