Best Time to Buy A New Car?

Or go on the first of the month. We did that once and hit a newly hired sales person on his first day of work as well. He was so excited to have a potential sale I think he begged his sales manager to make the deal. It might have also been a kick in the butt to the rest of the sales team saying “See, the new kid can do it…” plus it helped to get a start to the month’s sales.

If the TV commercials I see during the morning news are any indication, every day is “The Best Time to Buy!!!”

I wouldn’t go in at all. I’d deal exclusively with the online sales person. Test drive at a different dealership or do it a couple weeks before you’re ready to buy.

See, i don’t get this mentality at all.

I believe that everyone should test drive the car they are thinking about buying. Also, if you are comparison shopping on price, it may be that you don’t end up buying the car from the place where you took the test-drive. But i think that going out of your way to drive the car at a different dealership, a place where you know you won’t be buying, is pretty much a dick move.

At the very least, a decent thing to do is give the person who takes you out for a drive the opportunity to earn your business. That person, after all, has invested some of his or her time and effort to help you out. I’m not arguing that you need to buy if their price is higher, but at least give them a shot at the business.