Best. typo. ever (at least in a poem from a tiny college in the south)

I bet he’s totally bummed out.

This kid’s version is even more banal than the original.

Rectum? Damn near killed 'em.

Since it’s gotten a lot more hits than this thread, in interest of just a tad more privacy protection, I decided to crop the “competition” line at bottom and move to a new flickr account. The new link is here. (Wish I could edit it in the OP- any mods wanna earn a lollipop?) Feel free to share this link like it’s the only woman on a pirate ship.

PS- A student worker went through the 100+ copies of the book, whited out ‘anus’, and added arms.
Now that it’s known to be plagiarized as well (I can’t find whether it’s copyrighted or not- which is not to say it is) there’s a “should we ask for all copies back?” committee, but I don’t see it happening. Luckily it’s not available commercially at least.

Get behind me Satan!

Now we know why.

Did it come with this inspiring image?

Umm…

I see “The photo you were looking for has been deleted.”

What does it say?

Never mind.

You should have left off the “b.”

Folks, a new link is in post #24.

I’ve reported post 24 so maybe a mod will see the request sooner and this thread doesn’t become a mess!

ROFL! I will never look at that (oft circulated on email and used as backdrop) image the same again.

Thanks. (I may be mistaken, but I’m not sure you can report a thread you yourself started other than by an email.)

And tis already done— mods, that lollipop is on its way. (Just wipe the grass and stuff off it, the Tootsie roll at the core’s still good.)

SO LET IT BE REPORTED, SO LET IT BE DONE.

Link is fixed in the OP. Continue to enjoy the typo. I hope the plagiarism committee tears this student a new one, butt good.

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel…

PS- As a caveat, the poems and selections were supposedly run through “Turn it in” and other plagiarism softwares. (Obviously they didn’t do a google search as that turns up a zillion results.) According to one of the editors “I did google some of the entries, but not that one… frankly I didn’t think it was good enough for anybody to have to plagiarize it.”

I’m not exactly sure how the plagiarism softwares work, but apparently they’re not exhaustive. Or perhaps they checked for “anus” “poem” “god” as keywords.

That logic is just totally ass-backward.

Typo? What typo?

I mean … it’s a poem about Yog-Sothoth, right?

I’ll take that lollipop now, please. (But if it’s all the same to you, I’d rather have a good root beer.)

I’m pretty sure that you can report somebody else’s post in the thread, and just direct the mods to the post you want to be edited.

Sigh. I don’t get my root beer, after all. Marley23 beat me to it. I just copied his efforts (no typo, though).

And so the other cooking utensils must have lamented the ladle after the visitation from on high by Autolycus.