Better Call Saul (Season 3)

To be clear, the real device you linked does not broadcast any signals. It simply keeps track of where it’s been and you have to have physical access to it to get any data from it.

The fake device on the show could never broadcast any useful signal at any significant distance for any reasonable length of time while being powered by a single AA battery.

I like how the Vet guy truly cares about what happened to the pup, reminds me of the speech Mike gave to the Baseball cards guy. You can be a good person or a bad person, and you can be a criminal or be legit - the one doesn’t have anything to do with the other. Vet guy is a criminal, but he’s also a caring guy.

OR maybe he was fishing for information. Maybe Vet guy is tied in with Gus, and if Mike is clever and determined enough to figure out the gas cap tracker thing, and turn it around on Gus, he might be someone the nether world would like to hire.

Last season when Nacho kept standing in front of Hector, blocking Mike’s shot, I thought Nacho left the “Don’t” note on Mike’s car. But now I think it was Gus.

Ah, right I was going to ask - What puppy? I don’t remember a dog…?

The dog Mike got for his granddaughter

I honestly was kinda hoping this is what would’ve happened last season… Chuck would’ve died from his hit to the head in the copy place, Jimmy’s relationship with Kim breaks down and he’s left alone and decides to become a shifty defense lawyer to fight ‘the man’. Because I like this series a lot, but I definitely want more Saul Goodman, shifty defense attorney.

Mike definitely stopped off before heading to the junkyard. He’s wearing different clothes (tactical pants in the desert, blue jeans at the yard).

And the tools weren’t his. The sign at the yard said, “SELF-SERVE WE RENT TOOLS”

And the tool box has “Property of Five J’s” painted in white on top.

Mike had a dog early on, so he would have an excuse to visit the vet during office hours. He gave it to his granddaughter.

If you check out the sneak peek of next week’s episode on the AMC web site, it follows the “gas cap” plot line up the food chain a little. It’s a bit of a head scratcher… really looking forward to seeing it play out.

IAAL. Generally (and I have no reason to believe that New Mexico is different) there is no property in a client, the client belongs to neither the firm no individual lawyers. If a lawyer who is dealing with a case leaves, s/he is required to tell the client that s/he can join the lawyer if they want or stay if they want. Generally, there is a non-solicit agreement, whereby the departing Counsel agrees not to solicit clients for a period of typically a year or two however if the client wishes to come with them, there is nothing the firm can do.

So what are the typical arrangements for leaving? Do you need to give notice?

Good call. When Kim was wondering what Chuck’s plan was, I kept hoping Jimmy would figure it out.

Also, Jimmy was a pretty bad covert surveillance operative.

I can understand Jimmy being angry, but kicking his way into Chuck’s house struck me as an overreaction. I could see Jimmy deciding he’s going to go with the “I lied about changing the address - I just told you what you wanted to hear to try to calm your paranoid delusions. You hear me, everybody? My brother Chuck has paranoid delusions.”

Since Jimmy already knows Chuck is capable of making recordings, it seems doubly odd that he’d act in a way which, if recorded, would only make things worse for himself. Jimmy previously struck me as too smart and too responsive to his own sense of self-preservation to fall for such a blatant con. Heck, he even says at one point “Did you make copies?”, and seemed to have convinced himself that if copies existed, they’d be in the house (and burning the house down would destroy them), but making copies of a tape requires more than just one tape recorder, so if Chuck had copies, he’d either have used two machines or an elaborate machine (unlikely) or enlisted the aid of someone else (which means the secret’s out, regardless).

Maybe this will turn out to be an elaborate con of Jimmy’s and he has some preplanned escape route, i.e. he’ll use evidence of Chuck’s mental illness as a basis of his own claim of diminished capacity: “it runs in our family and I was stressed by trying to care for my older brother despite my own mental issues, hence my outburst”.
And in the meantime, Mike and Gus are playing the world’s slowest chess match.

No kidding… Gus did almost everything but hit him over the head with his broom and he still wouldn’t break his stare at the bag. Gus must have had some simple way to notify the drop was scrubbed.

I wonder just how much trouble Jimmy can really get into. Shortly before, he was acting as his brother’s medical power of attorney, authorizing an MRI scan on him over Chuck’s objections. Certainly he can plead that he was worried about his brother’s mental state, and that’s why he forced entry. Painting Chuck as incompetent is an easy argument to make, and would undermine Chuck’s allegations against Jimmy.

I think Chuck is Jimmy’s weak spot. Slippin’ Jimmy is a fantastic con artist, but he’s unable to turn the full powers of his cynicism and exploitation on his own brother.

I’m normally OK with the show’s slow pacing, but I thought there was a fair bit more of Mike-follows-a-guy-around than we really needed to see. But every other part of the episode was fantastic.

Yep. I totally bought Jimmy’s freak out. Jimmy loves his brother and put him on a pedestal, even when he knew better. The betrayals have just been mounting and mounting and I get why this one would be the final straw.

It’s interesting that Chuck correctly predicted Jimmy coming for the tape, but for all the wrong reasons. He doesn’t really get his brother at all.

That episode was like watching paint dry in slow motion. I walked out on it.

Maybe that could’ve worked if there weren’t witnesses.

Going to jail can’t bode well for his practice, but would that mean automatic disbarment? I can’t imagine that would happen, since he eventually becomes Saul Goodman. I’ll bet Chuck is counting on Jimmy getting disbarred, but not that he’ll change his entire identity.

That bothered me. The writers have established that Jimmy was a skilled con artist–something that requires being a master of deception and observation. Would such a person be so ridiculously obvious in his ‘spying’? He was painfully conspicuous.

On the other hand, Jimmy’s reaction to learning (from Kim) that his brother hates him that much—enough to have overcome a pathological aversion to electrical devices, by operating a tape recorder—was very well-written (and acted). You could see Jimmy take it as an almost physical blow.

He was overly eager to make a good impression on Mike. It made him nervous and careless.

You should Google “How to work a TV remote.” No one should have to suffer the indignity of being forced to watch a TV show they don’t like.

You seem to have this problem a lot.