Better Call Saul season 6

Actually, Jimmy did meet Gus, when Mike hired him to stakeout Los Pollos Hermanos. Jimmy stuck his head and arms in the trash to see if the guy he was following had left anything there, and Gus came by with his friendly but efficient manager persona. Jimmy quickly pulled off his watch and dumped it in the trash as an excuse why he was looking in there, and Gus happily retrieved it for him.

Ah yes, I do remember that. But did he know anything about him other than he was the manager?

That was a great scene. Very realistic for a show or movie. Most gunfights are over before the people involved even realize they started. They’re not choreographed, drawn out affairs, as most visual media portrays them.

I wasn’t wholly satisfied with Gus’s hidden-gun plan; I suppose I’m more used to this show surprising me than explicitly laying the groundwork. But more bothersome is Lalo leaving Jimmy alive. We know Lalo has no problem killing innocents, he must have had no intention of returning to the apartment, he has a silenced handgun and a witness whom he suspects had worked against him - why leave him alive?

He has some questions to answer, and I suspect Lalo was planning to take his time with those…

I don’t think Gus was implying that, but I agree that Mike is fucking up. A bit of season 7/8 Tyrion Lannister syndrome going on. Previously (hyper) competent character turns stupid because of plot convenience.

I mean, there’s “turning stupid” and there’s “being lured into a trap by a genius trickster after who knows how many 20 hour days”. And to a certain extent, Mike has to take the bait. He knows Lalo was just at Jimmy’s apartment, the first confirmed sighting in ages. He kind of HAS to go after him, although he probably should have stopped a bit longer to think about what was really going on. Not like he can just ignore it though.

It would be weird for there to be a character connected to both Gus and Jimmy to not show up though.

Yeah, but I don’t think he realized who that was. Here’s the epsiode when Gus was introduced in BB:

Saul: What? Some tattooed speed-freak? What you two need is an honest-to-God businessman. Somebody who treats your product like the simple high-margin commodity that it is. Somebody who ships out of town, deals only in bulk. Someone who’s been doing this for 20 years and never been caught.

Walter: You know someone like that?

Saul: Let’s just say I know a guy who knows a guy. Who knows another guy. Let me make some calls, see if I can get you a meeting.

Walter: Well, what’s his name?

Saul: I have no idea. He’s very low profile. He’s careful like that. From what I do hear about him, he sounds a little like you.

So cool that Carol Burnett - perhaps in her persona of “Cleaning Lady” - will be on this show. I imagine her Marion and Kim will have a scene together.

I almost felt kinda sorry for Old Howard, until I reminded myself that he was a lawyer.

Who is this Gene people keep mentioning???

After Jimmy gets relocated at the end of Breaking Bad, he adopts the alias “Gene Takovic.”

Thank you.

After several episodes where Kim and Jimmy were the major actors, here they became like insignificant children, forced to (mostly) stay home and stay quiet while the adults went out and did big things. It was almost heartbreaking when Mike busted them in the end, showing he knew all about their fun games playing tricks on Howard. The utter shame of being exposed, and being forced to face the consequences as well as to keep up the same lies forever, like a dog having its nose rubbed in the mess it made on the carpet, or a kid caught smoking being made to smoke the whole pack. I love them both, but what a comeuppance.

I think the difference is between appearing ninth on the BB list of opening credits and second on BCS.

But he occasionally says some stuff he knows Gus won’t want to hear in BB. After the cartel has stolen some of the blue meth to goad Gus into a meeting, Mike say something like, “I know you don’t want advice, but if you let me hire some more guys, we can hit them back hard.”

It might not be necessarily about wrapping up loose ends, but Saul’s got to come into possession of the Kettleman’s inflatable Statue of Liberty somehow.

I can’t believe though that Lalo would send Kim on a phony assassination mission to keep Mike tied up, with the intention of filming the laundry, then returning and interrogating Jimmy in the now-Mike-infested apartment. But maybe Jimmy wasn’t worth a bullet, if Lalo planned to flee to Mexico with the video evidence. I can live with that.

I think to Lalo at that point Jimmy was a bug not really worth swatting. We’ve seen him, though, seemingly give up on some bit of retribution until some random neuron fires off in his brain and going back to fuck someone up seems like a fun afternoon jaunt. Lalo was one scary ass character–a real standout in a very deep bench. I’m kinda glad to have seen the last of him though, he’s a little TOO much.

Found a cure for the commercials; Amazon was running a special for Prime Day of $.99 a month for two months for AMC+. Now I can watch next week’s BCS today and spoil it for you all!

Wow Prime has come a long way to have next week’s BCS now. I have to wait till Tuesday to see it on Netflix UK.

Prime doesn’t have next week’s BCS - AMC+ does