Big Changes

Question for people with long hair…a majority of you freak if someone even suggests more than half an inch cut. Why? I don’t get it. Why is it so traumatic?

MaryAnn
Sometimes life is so great you just gotta muss up your hair and quack like a duck!

Flora, how and when did you make the transition to being a “bun woman?” (Note, this is not a derogatory remark).

I guess, since I don’t feel any different (just a hell of a lot smarter) than I did when I was 18, it’s hard for me to imagine when I have to put my hair up. sigh

trisha

Maryanne - My hair is really long but I have about an inch cut off every other month - without freakin.

I think the freakin out happens when more than an inch is chopped off because it takes so long to grow out if we don’t like the cut.

>^,^<
KITTEN

Coarse and violent nudity. Occasional language.

Take care and consider carefully, I have done what you are considering for much the same reasons.
What I had failed to consider was that long hair is low maintenance and short hair is way high maintenance. It’s naturally wavy to I had to wash and blow dry it every day to avoid looking like a mental defective.
I’m back to long hair now, comb, tie back, braid and go, never have to blow dry. Yahoo!

Well, change takes courage. A Hair cut will at least grow back. Tattoos take much more thought and planning.

Quite easy, you think long and hard about something that reflects you (or you pick a design, like the “tribal” pieces, that you really like a lot). For me, it’s stuff that is significant to me. My second one will be the Kanji for “satori” - it’s when everything falls into place, and you finally get it, and you understand (also used sometimes for “enlightenment”). The Character in Chinese means: to awake, to apprehend, to become conscious, intelligence. Mom says that pretty much fits me :). Many times people use animals that have significance (all the rage is Chinese dragons, or tigers, etc…).

Well my mom never said anything like that. She just told me and my brothers that if we did get one be prepared for comments (all have been positive so far). Dad thinks theyre cool, and even went into the local tattoo parlor to look at some designs. Grandma doesn’t know but at next years family reunion she will see both my first and my second (and so will my entire family on my moms side :)).

Falcon it’s about time you got your picture there. You’re very cute! BunnyGirl I am very impressed that you like the opera! Let’s start that Mutual Appreciation Society. The running part is pretty awesome too! (Yes, both of y’all have made me blush. Better quit, though. My head is big enough as it is!)

Diane, admitedly I prefer long hair on women and am always disappointed to see it get cut off. But, it’s your hair. And it does grow back. The eyebrow thing, though: Oooowww!! I can’t even stand to look at that (yes, I’m squeamish)!! Then again, it’s your eyebrow (ouch). I ocassionally experiment with facial hair. Basically, as far as facial hair is concerned, I just follow the whims of my girlfriend at the time, since I could take or leave it (the facial hair, that is). I recently had a moustache that I shaved off. Didn’t care for it. I have grown sideburns level with my ear flaps. I think those look pretty good.

A couple of days ago there was an article in the commercial appeal (memphis paper) that spotlighted a young girl who grew her hair so that she could donate it to an organization that makes wigs for children who need one because of illness.
Wouldn’t it be a pleasant thing to give your hair to this organization if you do decide to make a change?
The commercial’s site library is down so I couldn’t find the reference, but maybe your hairdresser would know about this.
Good luck!

Jazzmine, I found in college that with the shape of my face, wearing my hair up was the most flattering. And I agree with Elbows–short hair is very high maintainance! My hair is straight and silky, which when short just LIES there. So back in college I started pinning it up in a loose chignon.

From time to time I got bored and experiemented with other styles, lengths, colors–but I always come back to this, which really is the best for my face and real easy to take care of (I don’t even need to look in a mirror to pin it up, now!).

Besides, it’s a classic style that’ll take me into Little Old Ladydom . . .

Smilingjaws - That sounds like a wonderful idea, but I think I may have chickened out. :confused: