Big Love (Spoilers) 4/16

Good news everyone!! Big Love was just picked up for a second season. I had a feeling it would be, but it’s nice to know for sure.

Also - does anyone else read Marge’s blog? I feel like they put some spoilers on there at some point. I mean if Marge has such a big mouth on the show it wouldn’t suprose me if they played that up on her blog. OR did I just call myself out as the most obessed fan by admitting that I even read her?? Whatever…I’m not scuuured. :wink:

I think they should go ahead and film two or three more seasons ASAP; Harry Dean Stanton isn’t getting any younger. (He’s 81, I think.)

Officially, Nikki is only spending herself and her children, into bankruptcy. Bill, nor any of the other wives, are on the hook for a single cent of it.

The only person that Bill is legally obligated to is Barb.

And I feel like he hasn’t aged a day in the past ten years…he always has looked liked he was going to die at any moment.

They should just go ahead film the next two seasons anyway, this litttle piece of action is going to just get more and more of an audience as everyone catches on.

Did anyone check out that podcast? do you know if it can be downloaded to i-pods?

…yeah ummm… that’s why they call them PODcasts. :cool:

I did read a bit of MArgie’s blog… I liked the line “Law school requires a lot of books right?”

If it has spoilers I’m avoiding it now…The Making of Big Love special HBO is showing right now has what I think are major spoilers for I assume closely approaching episodes.

IIRC, Barb no longer has a uterus, so there’s absolutely no question of her being infertile. I have gathered all along that that was a big impetus for the second marriage: they’d always planned a huge family, and she didn’t want her cancer to restrict him to three (bio) kids. Come to think of it, this issue may also be part of why Nikki was so ostentatiously suffering with her period - just to twist the knife in Barb a little more.

I like the idea that Barb assented largely because she thought she would die soon.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the woman Barb confided in herself in a plural marriage where two of the wives have a thing going with each other? I can’t remember if she was one of the two, I’m guessing not.

Barb’s friend I think is the first wife while the footsie wives are …well… not…her.

I foundthat scene really fascinating because the friend treated it as thought Barb was having a real affair and not sneaking extra time with her husband. That says a lot about the mindset of plural marriage.

45 minutes til life off!!