Biggest prat in british comedy?

How would you classify Alan Statham from Green Wing? Wanker? Prat? Git? Other? In the US I’d call him insane, delusional, and narcissistic. Dear God but Mark Heap is brilliant with physical comedy though.

Enjoy,
Steven

Here’s how I’d define them.

Git: a useless dickhead.

Prat: a pretentious dickhead.

Wanker: a malicious dickhead.

Works for me.

How’s about whats-his-face, the guy with a beret, always goofing around. Prat?

Frank Spencer? Not a prat, but a sad git.

Near enough, but a Wanker can be pretentious and not malicious.

I’d argue that a better definition would be: Wanker: A pretentious, unlikeable dickhead.

So where does this place Flashheart on the git/prat/wanker continuum? Utterly full of himself and annoying, but he always seemed able to back up his boastfulness. He was a good pilot in …Goes Fourth, and he only had to ask and Kate[sup]*[/sup] came running. Always thought the actor would have been a good Lockhart in Harry Potter, but they settled for Kenneth Branagh.

And by Kate I mean Bob.

Does it make one a prat to use words like “continuum”?

Flashheart is a smug bastard, which is different again. (Blackadder is a bastard too, but not a smug one).

But if we had to put Flashheart on the git/prat/wanker scale, he’d definitely be at the “wanker” end- the “Pull up a pew and let’s spend the next 45 minutes talking about how great I am” line from Private Plane exemplifies that pretty well. Problem is, Flashheart does have redeeming qualities (like being able to fly, and rescuing Blackadder and Baldrick) so he is a bit difficult to place on said continuum.

(And no, you aren’t a prat for using continuum). :wink:

That’s the one. Was he ever funny? Mum and Dad hate him with as much of a vengance as they could put towards a TV programme.

Better question–is there anyone in British comedy who ISN’T a git, prat, or wanker?

David Lister?

Norman Stanley Fletcher?

Do we have to rule out pillocks, tossers and wassocks too?

Kryten 2X4B-523P? (Robert Llewellyn’s or David Ross’s characterization)

Depends on the series / which Blackadder you mean. He is quite smug in most of III at least.

I have only one thing to say to that comment…

Macbeth!