Bill Cosby admitted (in 2005 lawsuit) that he drugged women for sex

Why? He may have a number of accusers, but doesn’t he (anecdotally) have a far, far larger number of willing partners in his history?

Oh, gross.

Agreed. I only ever gave women food or alcohol in exchange for sex.

That said, I’ve never really moved in the kind of circles where recreational pharmaceuticals are taken as a matter of course.

Until we have further proof, it remains a case of “he said/she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she and she said”.

Smoking gun.

Stick a fork in him… I predict jail time to follow unless he shifts assets & flees the country.

Googling something that I Never have before, I was curious: if Bill Cosby DID run, with his massive wealth & desire for the high life, where could he possibly go?
Sadly, as usual, Google had the answer:

from “The 5 Best Countries With No Extradition”

For all I know, by next year people in Dubai will have a new popular TV commercial tag line:

My understanding is that he’s past the statute of limitations on all but one of the accusations. And his deposition seemed basically built around not having him perjure himself. I agree he’s guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but I doubt he’ll see jail time.

Because not only is there now enough witnesses to fill out both sides of a football match, but there’s significant evidence that collaborates at least part of their story (that Cosby had access to the drugs in question, and that he used them during sex).

I’m sure a few people will still try and paint it as a mixture of coincidence and conspiracy, but that seems really implausible at this point.

Not really, but more ammo for those who think he did drug women without their knowledge.

Yeah, afraid so.

Cosby, and half the faces you see on TV or the movies, and most of the rock industry, for a start, likely have access to more drugs than you could even name, and again, most of the people he has used them with have likely been more than willing, so we’re not really being told anything we couldn’t have taken as a given beforehand.

The case in question was settled a decade ago. Are there any claims out there for which the statute of limitations has not passed or that have not been settled?

Specifically the drugs he was accused of using on his victims, and specifically using them with woman prior to sex.

I seriously question that “half of the faces I see on TV or in movies” have given qualudes to women prior to sex, consensually or otherwise. Specifically, his original accuser said he gave her qualudes and than raped her. Cosby says that giving qualudes to woman before sex was something he did (consentually), but in her particular case it was just benadryl. That seems an unbelievably unlucky coincidence for Cosby if he’s telling the truth.

And that’s just the case of one out of twenty something.

I’m wondering how many married people here have bought champagne and shared it with their spouse and had sex soon afterwards. Or, gone to a bar and had drug/alcohol fueled sex. Or, just had drug/alcohol fueled sex.

Many people go to a bar to 1. Get into an altered state and 2. get laid.

Why should Cos be demonized for doing this without a bartender?

Because every couple of months the rape culture monster has to eat someone publicly in order to keep the monster alive, and strong. They’re having a hard time getting Billy down the gullet but they get an A- for perseverance so far.

If those “people” end up with multiple rape accusations involving alcohol, then yes, “Bob really likes having sex with people who are passed out drunk” is at least something to think about.

Judy Huth’s lawsuit is still active (she filed it last year). The incident occurred in 1974 but Huth had an extended statute of limitations because she was fifteen when the alleged rape occurred.

There’s apparently also another line of legal argument being used. The statute of limitations applies to the time of the incident that caused the plaintiff harm. In the case of a sexual assault, that would normally be the time of the assault. And with a two year statute of limitations, Cosby would only be legally liable for assaults that occurred since 2013.

But some women are filing lawsuits against Cosby for defamation of character. They can’t sue him for rape because of the time that has passed. But if they make a public statement that Cosby raped them and Cosby publicly says they are lying, then they can sue Cosby for calling them a liar and thereby defaming their character. These lawsuits have to be filed within a year of when Cosby’s statement was made.

Cosby could, of course, file lawsuits against these women. Being accused of rape is obviously a significant defamation of character. But Cosby, for reasons I’m sure his defenders will be quick to offer, has chosen to not defend himself in court.

It’s likely that these women will be accused of seeking the money. But realistically, there probably won’t be that much money involved - the damages of being called a liar are probably pretty minimal and the awards if the lawsuits will be nominal. So the goal here appears to be to bring Cosby into a courtroom and force him to testify under oath.

The OP’s link is not final proof, but it is substantial in that Cosby’s whole defence up to now has been a combination of “I would never do a thing like that” and “all these people who know me know I would never do that or even cheat on my wife consensually.” The link makes his true character clear, and removes any confusion as to which side holds the moral high ground.

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard or read of Cosby having made any such statements. Not saying that he hasn’t but can you provide any cites to his having made these claims? All I’ve heard from Cosby has been mostly silence punctuated by something along the lines of his not having to answer to ‘innuendo’.

The ghost ofAdolf Beck wants a word with you.

Interesting but not strictly comparable.

Yea, I’m going to go out on a limb and hazard that whatever the case here, its not that there’s a Bill Cosby look-alike wandering around drugging and raping women.