Bill Cosby charged with felony sexual assault..

He can easily afford them. And maybe he shouldn’t win. I don’t like seeing the justice system used to punish people with legal fees, but there’s certainly grounds to charge him here, and if he’s paying more than the average Joe for legal fees it’s only because he can afford them.

Even if he’s not guilty?

If I had two bedrooms and if I had the means to buy such a truck and negotiate all of the licenses etc.
I’m not even sure that food trucks are legal here. I’ve never seen any around town.

Even if he’s not legally guilty, i.e. convicted? Yes.

If he didn’t do anything that would cause reasonable people to suspect the alleged victim is telling the truth? No.

I was referring to the civil cases of defamation of character for other women. He still has to face those.

I sure hope you don’t find yourself in a similar situation.

Ah ok. Gotcha.

Nice cherry picking. I’m not going to have women coming out of the woodwork accusing me of rape. Even if they did they wouldn’t have a remotely credible story to tell. Cosby is not on trial simply because of a random accusation. He has himself to blame for the way he’s conducted his life.

This is pretty high up there on my “list of things to think about before embarking on a decades-long career as a serial rapist.”

People tend to get angry when you rape them, and often will seek out whatever legal and other remedies are available to them.

I hope I don’t, either. I have a very careful life plan to prevent it. It involves
-Not mentoring young women with the goal of getting in their pants.
-Not inviting them to my house under false pretenses in order to get into their pants.
-Not giving them tranquilizers with the goal of getting into their pants.
-Not raping them.

The first three items are all things Cosby has admitted to, IIRC. Note how my clever life plan gives me an excellent chance to avoid finding myself in a situation similar to Cosby’s.

I take no credit for coming up with this plan, however. Every decent fucking human being on the planet is already following it.

I thought the idea was to not be fucking people.

No, no, fucking is fine! Fucking is fucking great! Just no false pretenses and drugs to get to the fucking part!

Yes, I am a lawyer. I probably do equal amounts of family law and criminal defense work as a majority of my practice. The remaining parts are civil litigation and the kind of law that if a person will give me money, I am practicing that kind of law. :slight_smile:

Am I a constitutional lawyer? Well, my criminal defense work requires knowledge and research of issues that pertain to criminal defendants and their rights, family law requires constitutional analysis of the rights of parents and children, and really all law is subject to constitutional guarantees and protections. A question underlying any potential litigation can be: is this in violation of the constitution? So in a way you could say that I am a constitutional lawyer in that limited sense, as are most lawyers.