Bill O'Reilly calls for al Qaeda to attack San Francisco

Bill o’Reilly continues his public descent into incogerent, babbling madness with this latest doozy.

San Francisco wants to discourage military recruiters in schools so they all deserve to be killed by terrorists? This guy has officially gone from just being a garden variety demagogue and a blowhard and has now joined the ranks of Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Louis Farrakhan into being a full-fledged crackpot. I guess those “secular forces” he’s always raving on about must be sending out mind altering radio waves from his sex toys.

More idiocies from BO’R:

Ah yes, because “wanting to remove the high-pressure tactics of some military recruiters from a learning environment” = “desire to become a sovereign nation”.

Idiot.

He has a nefarious plan to build a monument over the former Coit Tower. He wants to call it the “Post-Coit Tower.” Or perhaps the “Coit-U.S. Tower.”

He’s so evil.

And…and, he talks dirty to women on the phone!

Hey I wonder if Pat Robertson does that too?

“Hey Bathsheba?, Yeah it’s Pat. Wanna see my 900 foot Jesus?”

Or was that Oral Roberts?

Well, one of those nut jobs anyway.

Got me thinking. If San Francisco gets to secede, the California really should get to as well. If California gets to secede, then all the blue states should get to also.
With that in mind, I’d like to present a letter written by a fellow New Californian:
Dear Red States…

We’ve decided we’re leaving. We intend to form our own country, and
we’re taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren’t aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon,Washington,
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We
believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially
to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get Elliot
Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole’ Miss.
We get 85 percent of America’s venture capital and entrepreneurs. You
get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states
pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the
Christian Coalition’s, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a
bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that New California will be pro-choice and
anti-war, and we’re going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at
once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have
kids they’re apparently willing to send to their deaths for no
purpose, and they don’t care if you don’t show pictures of their
children’s caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and
hope that the WMDs turn up, but we’re not willing to spend our
resources in Bush’s Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent
of the (former) country’s fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple
and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation’s fresh fruit, 95 percent of
America’s quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners)
90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most
of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and
condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale,
Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88
percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care
costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the
tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern
Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh,
Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

By the way, we’re taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt
weed they grow in Mexico.

Peace out,
Blue States

Yes, it was Oral Roberts.

Yeah, fuck him too.

Thanks

O’Reilly sure is a spiteful old cuss! SF is an easy target with his audience-- probably #2 after the French.

But too bad SF voters don’t actually have the courage of their own convictions. All they have to do is not accept federal funds for their schools, and they can kick the military recruiters out. Life’s a bitch when you’re living on someone else’s dime, ain’t it?

John Mace: Why shouldn’t Cali be able to accept federal funds for education, while prohibiting something on campus which has no educational function?

Except that, in general, blue states aren’t. It was alluded to in the letter post, but California receives about eighty cents on every dollar it sends to Washington. Withdrawing all federal benefits from California in return for withdrawing all contributions is a net positive for California. We could pay for everything the federal government pays for, and give everyone a 20% tax cut to boot.

Because the feds make the rules about what conditions come with the money, and that’s one of the rules.

But, frankly, if this were a state-wide ballot initiative I doubt it would’ve passed. SF is world unto itself, politically.

Does anyone know exactly what % of the CA school system’s funds comes from the feds? I can’t believe it’s that much. We spend half our state budget on education-- something like $50B. I guess every billion counts, though…

Virtually all federal money going to local public schools is encumbered - that is tied to certain programs, and not discretionary. ALL of it comes with the condition that anything DC wants you to do to comply with their latest dictates must be done, or you lose the money.

Around here, I don’t know about DC, but here in the Land of Lincoln (Motto: Psst, I got a trucker’s license to sell, you want to donate to the governor’s campaign?), most local school districts get about 3-4% of their total budget from DC. Yup, jumping through NCLB hoops for 3% of their lunch money.

Fucking shameful is what it is. Politicians on the hill squawk all the time about “funding” education, and the truth is they do damn little. Most public education money is local.

San Francisco. I don’t know about San Francisco.

DC I know about, it’s a cesspool.

Hey, you don’t need to sell me on federalism (letting states take care of their own affairs). I’d vote for that option in a San Francisco minute! :slight_smile:

Ah, but I asked why that should be the case, not simply what the status quo is.

Yep, I just completed an MEd and could’ve vomited stats and figures. But, as far as I can tell, there’s no reason it has to be like that.

Don’t even get me started on NCLB, let alone the fact that last time I checked billions of dollars in NCLB costs are still unpaid by the feds.

If they did, would that be considered Coit-us interruptus?

well i guess we’ll have to take the bad with the good then, m$ is NOT an asset, it’s a big drawback :wink:

although come to think of it, we also do get Apple Computer, Sun Microsystems and Silicon Valley

Diogenes, it is not allowed to post all or most of a copyrighted article in your post. Post a small quote only, with a link to the article in question.

Do not do this again.

fluiddruid
Pit Moderator

Oh, I didn’t read your post that way.

Frankly, though, I don’t like the idea of school administrators picking and choosing who comes in to recruit students. They should have access to career opportunities across the board, not just careers that the administrators approve of.

The SF vote was a protest against the war in Iraq. But their method of protest is really just a form of censorship-- the same kind of censorship that the religious conservatives attempt when they ban certain books from school libraries. I’d expect “ignorance fighting” folks to oppose both actions.