Billy Mays is dead (maybe).

When I heard that, I thought of Natasha Richardson.

Actually, I’d like to retract this statement. It was classless, in light of the fact that he’s dead. That’s a sad thing.

Sometimes I post without thinking. Sorry, folks.

Folks, always get those head injuries checked out!

While he was certainly annoying, the worst thing I’ve ever wished on him was laryngitis. Unlike MJ, there was nothing wrong with Billy that couldn’t be cured with a TV remote.

What I want to know is why both my ex-wife and eldest son felt compelled to text me the news?

I wasn’t offended by your comment, but I would just like to point out that not everyone lives for their job. :slight_smile: Many people out there work at pointless jobs that are just a way to pay the bills and their true meaning in life comes from their time off the clock with families or hobbies.

Nah. With a name like Ogre, you’re allowed to be harsh.:wink: I actually thought he came across as kind of a jerk and a blowhard on his show. I’m especially thinking of the episode where he was chumming the water that his co-star on the show was swimming in while laughing about the great joke he was playing.:dubious:

On a more suspicious note, the preview for the next episode of pitchmen has him appearing to pitch for a shamwow type cloth. Wonder if Vince got him.

Have you seen Ryan O’Neal? Too bad for Billy. Still, I bet it will be years before they stop running those awful ads.

They should stop showing those ads, out of respect.

I mentioned Lee Majors looking old. AFAIK, his health is OK.

Walter Cronkite will be next, perhaps in the next day or so.

Eh… I’m sure that’s just editting. In the recent episode (which involved shooting hundreds of bugs at a windshield) they make a big deal over May’s son (the animal lover) running away with the bugs and halt production. Of course, I’m sure it was probably just a joke and he probably ran away for a minute.

My guess would be that it’s Zorbeez (which is essentially the same product). Zorbeez was out a long time before the ShamWow.

I bet Billy would be mad if they stopped showing the ads. He certainly seemed proud of the work he was doing.

…To TV viewers.

What the hell is happening?! I’ll miss him constantly yelling at me.

My wife was just starting to get into Pitchmen, and I was thinking of watching it too, as it looked like a fun show.

Wow.

Were his products inferior? I’ve never bought one, but thought that he sold generally good things.

I mean, he’s not Kevin Trudeau, who actually sells nothing but words on paper and is actively hurting gullible people.

When I think of Billy Mays, I think of OxiClean mainly, which I thought was a real cleaning product.

Since I’ve apologized for threadshitting, I am hesitant to address this in this thread. I don’t want to start an argument.

I think David Carradine set off some find of mortal Kung Fu chain reaction. So powerful was his Fu. He took out 4 other people with just his Chi.

I feel the same sort of bummitude as I did for Steve Irwin. And way more bummed about this than MJ. Jacko’s technically been gone for 20 years.

RIP, Billy.

OxiClean is a great product. I use it to get stains out of my carpet all the time. The stuff cleans very well without destroying the color. Of course I use the generic brand sodium peroxibiicarbonate. I don’t pay for advertising.

I never really had a problem with Billy Mays. He did his job very well. He probably got a lot of credit for the fact that OxyClean really was pretty good at doing what he claimed in his first ads. The rest of his products did what they said, but seemed pretty useless.

Billy mays here for oxyclean corpse remover!

Mays was a major icon in the gay community especially for guys that like bears.

For some reason it strikes me as a bit odd or creepy when the guy is selling stuff after he dies. Wasn’t Michael Landon selling stuff after he died too (or maybe it was another celeb)

Maybe if you started the list with Bea Arthur?

Who’s Carradine?

(No, it has not been a good week for celebrities).