Billy Mays is dead (maybe).

David Carradine. Or am I being wooshed?

Angels! Get those wings clean with Oxy-Clean! Works on halos, wings, even Pearly Gates!

He actually looked like he was in pretty good shape. He seemed a lot healthier than MJ.

Isn’t Carradine too far away. I always thought “It happened in 3s” had to happen in the same week.

So wouldn’t Mays be the start of a new 3?

Walter Cronkite is supposedly very unwell and not expected to make it.

I get as annoyed by his infomercials as the next guy, and I’ve never bought anything he pitched for, but he always embodied America’s entrepreneurial spirit to me. He worked hard with what he had and made it pretty big. RIP Billy.

It may have been a Natasha Richardson type thing. Apparently, he was hit in the head with one of the baggage compartment panels while getting off a plane yesterday. Went home, took a nap, woke up dead.

Not a bad way to go.

I’ll miss him a lot more than I’ll miss Michael Jackson.

I use OxyClean and Orange Glo often; both are decent products. My wife and son got me a Big City Slider Station, another product pitched by Billy Mays, for Father’s Day; not a bad piece of kitchen junk at all. Even if some of the things he pitched were honestly crap, I always got the impression that Mays believed in his heart that they were fan-fucking-tastic inventions that everyone just had to have.

This is so weird. I just got done watching Wednesday’s episode of Pitchmen on DVR and came here to start a thread asking if anyone else was watching and enjoying the show. And iGoogle tells me Mays is dead. :frowning:

He really did seem like a nice guy and he was also a shrewd businessman. He also helped a lot of people who had sunk their hopes and dreams into one invention make it big.

My 11 year old used to call him “the oxymoron”. Now we can’t ever use that joke again…

RIP Billy

Well, then you gotta throw in Dom DeLuise too.

I don’t know what’s going on; it’s like some leaky wormhole and these are the fnords or something.

I used to know a girl named Fnord. She was Swedish.

What did she drive?

A Prefect

I blame the Shamwow guy.

This is sad news. He had a young daughter, about 5, I believe, and she has to be devastated. And Billy was so proud to have his son, Little Billy, working with him. He truly seemed to be loved by family and friends.

I saw one of the scratch-fixer ads this evening.

Soon, we’ll have no celebrities left at all.