Billy Mays is dead (maybe).

:dubious: I see. So where were you on the night of tomorrow?

Okay, seriously, I think someone has just found a Death Note and is writing down the names of public figures at random. Everyone keep your eyes open…

One of my first reactions was that Og must have acquired such a large stash of Veg-O-Matics and Pocket Fishermen (Fishermans?) that He needed both Ed McMahon and Billy Mays to move them.

Yes, I know I’m going to Hell. Not for this, though — at worst, this is merely a symptom.

You’re right on both points. OxiClean really works, and Kevin Trudeau is the scum of the Earth (IMO, anyway).

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, … BUT WAIT, THAT’S NOT ALL!! Act now and we’ll throw in Billy Mays for the price of three!

Yeah, I know. I’m going to hell. But I was already on the bus a long time ago. :smiley:

Oh God, Why? Whyyyyy? Why not Vince, huh? Slap chop this baby.

My bottle of Oxy Clean is at half mast, but not for long because it is leaking.

Good grief, people, say what you will about the man but Oxy Clean is a Godsend.

Where’s the love for Sky Saxon?
Gotta say, BM always seemed to be Pushin Too Hard!

So how do I get a Shanwow now?

Through Vince Shlomi, the Shamwow Guy. Billy never pitched that product.

Michael Who?

A little joke. I know all about Vince. The guy beats up hookers, you know.

Okay, this one from the David Carradine thread is coming back to haunt me.

Weird.

So it was all your fault.

There’s no way the OxyClean guy will eclipse the King of Pop. Not that I have anything against either of them, but Michael was in the public eye for over 30 years. Mays… well, closer to 3 than 30.

Also, I thought this was a bit tacky, but last night on MSNBC (I think), they were doing a special about TV Marketing and informercials… and it had Billy Mays all over it… and no mention of his death (probably put together before his death, obviously). And they didn’t reschedule the programming. I thought it was in horrible taste.

Let’s throw Bea Arthur up there as number one. She died about 2 months ago.

Gotta leave room for Cronkite…

Well, his autopsy is in. Everyoen who said he was a big-hearted fellow was right in more ways than one. Looks like he had an enlarged heart that contrubuted to his death.

Arthur, Jackson and Mays sounds like a law firm.

I successfully predicted the death of Lisa ‘Left Eye’ Lopez, as a third in a death trifecta. Allow me to elucidate … it’s all in the letters …

First you take the first letter of the first name of the first person to die, and count to the first letter of the first name of second person who died. Following me here?

In this case, from M (Michael) to W (for William (Billy)) is a count of 10.

Then you do the same methodology for last names. In this case J (Jackson) is a count of 3 to M (Mays).

Then you just apply the counts to the second person’s names to come up with the initials for the doomed third person.

Again, in this case, a count of 10 from W (William (Billy)) - making the turn at Z - gives us a G.
A count of 3 from M (Mays) gives us a P.
I wouldn’t want to be Gwyneth Paltrow right about now.
On the other hand, my original guess for ‘Left Eye’ was Linda Ellerbee, so someone else entirely could be on the hook.

Only, Gale Storm died; so you only get half-credit.