birth control and gagging

I have been on the birth control pill for about 2 years now and I have noticed that I am more easily grossed out than I used to be.
I used to be able to take gross stuff, but lately, looking at hair on the floor or when I killed a spider last night, I start gagging.

Is this due to the estrogen?

I’ve never heard of such a reaction, although I’ve heard of people’s tolerance for such things changing as they age.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think it’s related to the bcp?

Me too! It’s one of the reasons I stopped taking them.

Wait… This has been happening to me! I noticed about a year ago that I was gagging for no reason, almost dry heaving, especially when I’m riding my bike (which is inconvenient considering that biking is my primary mode of transportation). The deal for me is that it doesn’t happen when I’m grossed out, it just happens. My doctor had no answers, and I’ve been dealing with it ever since.

This could be because of my birth control pills? That had never occurred to me! But I’d been on the a year before it started happening! (I wonder if it has to do with my taking the pill continuously.)

Well, I’m glad to hear that I’m not a total weirdo, what with my gagging. Still, it better than having a period. Thanks for shedding some light on something that has been a rather baffling mystery for me, vanilla!
ZJ

I will not stop taking the pills; without them, I have debilitating cramps and must be near a bathroom during my periods (thats why I take them).

I made the connection because when I was pregnant, and when my sis-in-law was, it was much easier to gag than when we weren’t.
I suspected hormones.

Well, I was only ever on BC pills for seven months, back when I was 17, which was mumblemumblemumble years ago, and I don’t remember that sort of reaction then, but I did get a gag reaction to many things much more easily when I was pregnant than when I wasn’t.

I was always wanting to puke when I was on them. I went off them. I got pregnant.