Bizarre occurences that seem to have no rational explanation

Do I sleepwalk? Um… I don’t think I do. I fall out of my bed a lot, though that’s usually the other side of my bed to the rug.

No. I don’t sleepwalk. That’s not the reason.

I’m being serious here. My brother’s farts don’t stink…ever. You just hear it. Maybe it’s because he’s vegetarian. :confused:

One moning a couple of weeks ago, all the Christmas ornaments with faces (Angels, Santas etc…) were turned facing the tree. The tree was in a corner, so it would’ve been dificult for anyone to reach the ones in back.

beans, broccoli…I’d say we can rule out the “veggie” theory.
:slight_smile:

When I was young I lost a shoe to my barbie doll for months… one night as I played barbies in my bedroom corner, the barbie shoe fell out of my hair… To this day I still get chills about that one…

Just yesterday, my husband asked me what I was doing on the computer at 4 am. I asked him what he was talking about, and he said when he went to use the computer that evening, it was online (?) and showed it had logged on at 4 that morning. He was the last one to use the computer the day before, and did not shut it off, but was not online. I had not used that computer for several days.

ISP trying to get more money?

When I was 4…

I threw a metal toy truck into the air. There was no wind. At that young age, I momentarily forgot that what goes up must come down.

I quickly looked up to see the truck in the air directly over my head (indicating that I had thrown it STRAIGHT up in the air and, unless I moved, it would come straight down on me).

I could have moved forward, back, left, or right to avoid the falling truck. There was more space to the left, so I turned and ran. After about 4 steps to the left… BAM! Truck on the head.

WTF??

Did the truck change direction in mid-air? How? How could it have changed to move in the same direction and speed that I happened to be running?

When I was 4…

I threw a metal toy truck into the air. There was no wind. At that young age, I momentarily forgot that what goes up must come down.

I quickly looked up to see the truck in the air directly over my head (indicating that I had thrown it STRAIGHT up in the air and, unless I moved, it would come straight down on me).

I could have moved forward, back, left, or right to avoid the falling truck. There was more space to the left, so I turned and ran. After about 4 steps to the left… BAM! Truck on the head.

WTF??

Did the truck change direction in mid-air? How? How could it have changed to move in the same direction and speed that I happened to be running?

[500]

I’m betting your internet it set up to hook up to TCP/IP whenever an application is launched requiring it.

I’m afraid I have some rather bad news…you have spy software. Do you have Kazaa or other neferious software on your computer? You may want to download and run AdAware.

Also, try SPYBOT.

SPYBOT cleans my system in places AdAware doesn’t reach.

[This post is not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction].

Ours does, too (though it’s not Egyptian, just plain one for Urban Outfitters). In fact, our bed and lamps move with it, but the reason isn’t very interesting: our house was built in 1906. It’s done a lot of settling. The floors are uneven and hardwood, and so things migrate over time. Every other week or so, we’ve got to scoot everything back to center by at least a foot, sometimes more.

A couple of weeks ago, I was standing in the dining room when I heard the clatter of something small hitting the floor. I bent down and found a large screw still rolling from impact on the floor. As I was picking it up, another, smaller screw fell right by my hand. They were clean and looked like they hadn’t been used before, there are no rafters or anything else that could conceal screws of that size anywhere near the ceiling, and there wasn’t anything like that on the table or chairs when I came into the room. Weird.

Last Saturday (1/4) my sister took me to the mall to buy me a birthday present. (She’d wanted to buy me clothes, but knows she’ll never find a good fit unless I try it on first.) On the way out of the mall, we stopped at a traffic light waiting to turn onto Western Ave in Albany. I should note here that we were at that point still in the middle of a snowstorm. Neither snow nor sleet nor dark of night will keep my elder sister from going to the mall.

Anyway, as we were waiting for the light, the sky suddenly lit up bright as day for a moment, like it does with lightning. Unlike lightning, it didn’t seem to come from any one source - I didn’t see a stroke or anything, it was more like somebody had flicked a switch and made the sun turn on for half a second. There was no accompanying noise either then or afterwards. When the light-stuff hit, the radio signal stopped for a second, then came back on when the light went away. Nothing happened for a while - just long enough for me to decide it had been an atomic bomb and brace myself for the coming shockwave - and then the light-stuff and resultant radio silence came again. Still no sound involved. After that our light turned green and we got on the road, and I watched out the window, but there was still no sound and the light-stuff didn’t repeat itself.

Several times, while I was in high School, my Guidance Counselor swore I would never amount to a goddamned thing.

It’s positively eerie!!!

Well, this experience at first didn’t have a rational explanation.

Whenever I was alone in my apartment (that I share with two other girls), I would hear Darth Vader-ish breathing and I could never figure out where it was coming from.

I mentioned this to my other roommates and they verified that the same thing happened to them.

Soon after we discovered what it was. The refrigerator makes that noise periodically. It’s just that when more than one of us is home we make too much noise to hear it.

Terribly trivial, but a mystery nonetheless. I usually keep a container of Q-tips in a drawer in my bathroom. You’ve seen the plastic tub-like containers they come in. This was the second drawer from the top, and it contains quite a few other things.

One day I went to get a Q-tip and found the container filled to the brim with water. Nothing else in the drawer was at all wet - not another drop of water in evidence. The drawer is not even near the sink pipes, and none of the plumbing was malfunctioning.

?

My daughter got a light-activated laughing doll a couple of years ago for Christmas. The damn thing would somehow set itself off inside her closet in the middle of the night and cackle. Nothing like stumbling down the hall to the bathroom at 3 AM and hear demonic giggling coming from a dark room.
It mysteriously disappeared into the Goodwill bin not long afterwards.

I’ve had little things to disappear from time to time as well. The most memorable incident was when I was wrapping Christmas gifts one year. I was sitting on the bed and suddenly realized the tape dispenser had disappeared. I looked everywhere for it, on the bed, behind the bed, underneath the bed, the entire bedroom…I knew I hadn’t left the room with it but I went out of the room to check anyway. When I came back, I found the tape dispenser sitting neatly on top of the present I’d been about to wrap.
I was completely alone in the house…or was I? :wink:

A few years ago, one of my grandmother’s friends was convinced that the housekeeper was stealing food. (She was very anal about little things like that. I swear to God, she would probably count the sugar cubes.) She griped to all of her friends about it, but wasn’t about to fire the woman, considering she worked so cheaply.

A few weeks later, her husband awoke to a call of nature, and discovered that his wife was not in the bed. He found her at the refrigerator, wolfing down food like a starving woman. He led her back to their room. She refused to believe him when he told her about it the next day, insisting that she would remember if she walked in her sleep. Finally, he set up a video camera, and recorded her nocturnal eating binges.

One time we caught the household’s 6-month old siamese kitten playing with a still-in-the-wrapper tampon. The odd thing is, the tampons were kept in a drawer that she’d no way be able to open, let alone close back after fetching her plaything.

Is your toilet in the same room as your shower?

If so, the cold water in your toilet tank is causing condensation on the outside because of the heat and humidity of the shower. Like a glass of Kool Aid on a hot summer day.

I know because there was always water around our toilet when we were growing. Used to infuriate me because I just assumed my brother’s were bad aims. Nope, it’s the toilet tank. Check it out next time you take a shower.

Of course, if your toilet’s not in the same room, it’s probably ghosts peeing on the floor.

one time i just brushed my hand by my ear and a sizeable piece of paper fell out of it. strangely, it was a piece of a paper i had been looking for.
another strange occurence is a knocking sound around a bed that I sleep in. usally i’ll be staring up at the wall and suddenly i’d hear this kind of woodpeckerish sound where no sound should be coming(such as in the middle of a wall that isn’t the last one and then the open air, so it rules out birds. i swear it happens every time i lay in a different bed.