Black scientists, Einstein, and Steven Hawking

Out of curiosity, did Einstein have any African American comtemparies? Scientists that were in the same caliber as him?
Does Hawking have any input or writings about white holes? Any that explain why they are mathematical anomalies and scientific improbabilites?

This was the topic I meant to most. Please ignore the duplicates-those were errors.

You should send a message to the mods (or report your post by clicking on the ‘!’ at the top of your post) to get the other threads closed.

As I said in one of the duplicates, how do you define “same caliber” when it comes to scientists?

What have these two topics to do with each other? Einstein vs his black contemporaries, and white holes as interpreted by Hawking? All I see here is the black-white connection - please tell me this is not the case!

It’s the case.

This person has started about a half-dozen threads, displaying the same level of intelligence, & lack of originality. :rolleyes:

Lambchops and grape juice – two SDMB favorites.

What are you talking about?

The only such scientist I know of is George Washington Carver, a botanist in Einstein’s time, and not as influencial upon botany as Einstein was upon physics. I can’t think of any physicists or astronomers, although Ben Bakkerer preceded that period.

White holes are speculative and not especially anything to do with Stephen Hawking - his speciality is black holes.

Where’s a mod when you need one !

I wish to apologize for my post above – it was a reference to the grapist, and not appropriate for GQ.

If you have a problem with a thread, the best thing to do is contact a moderator to fix it for you rather than starting a new thread.

As I posted in the other thread, the first question here is better suited to the Great Debates forum. The second question deserves its own thread here in GQ. I’ll close this thread so you can, if you want, start two separate threads in the appropriate places.

bibliophage
moderator GQ