blah blah blah dubya is a moron

thinks about this. post september 11th, the whole world was behind america. sympathies and condolences were rolling in. not to mention…the country was all but united. there was still plenty of unrest and hatred, but many lines of division that normally existed had been erased…because we all felt like one proud and sad nation.

that shit didnt last long, eh?

since then, george bush has managed to turn a large portion of the world completely against us (“how bad do you have to suck to lose a popularity contest to saddam hussein?”) and divide the country up into two groups…pro and anti war.

good job, idiot.

sharpton has my vote in 04.

Better Job Than You, Eh?

Sharpton??? Al Sharpton?? You’ve got to be joking. 'Splain yourself, Lucy.
Oh, and the Shift key is your friend.

Goodness. From the title I had thought you meant to be sarcastic. That’ll show me.

blah blah blah shut the fuck up, you chucklehead.

Isn’t this from an Ellen Goodman column?

blah blah blah hope it is SHarpton blah blah bet $20 on him at 3 billion to one odds blah blah makes me richest man in world if it pays off blah blah blah

This says you are in the distinct minority.

Those who approve just don’t dance and scream in the streets. Welcome to the SDMB.

Sharpton? You mean the guy who brought us the Tawana Brawley scandal?

And you thought W. was a moron?

I agree dude, Sharpton for prez! At least that will stop the terror attacks (they will concede that we’re suffering enough already).

Yes, please nominate Al Sharpton, the best Democrat for the job!
(message brought to you by the Bush 2004 Caompaign)

Who needs safety when you can garner sympathy instead, eh?

Also, how come so many ridiculous OPs keep showing up by some lower case name with just a few posts? I don’t think you guys are just related, I think you’ve all got the same grass-killing forehead.

Sock.

I’m a Sharpton man myself–it’s the hair that gets me. Plus the James Brown association.

And of course…those who are anti-war are automatically pro Hussein.

If only there was a way to bold, italicize and enlarge: :rolleyes:

This is something that has been bugging me for quite a while here, and I guess that this is as good of a time to mention it as any.

The company that I work for authors surveying (or polling) software that specializes in gathering data and then analyzing it. We sell this software to companies around the globe. I cannot think of a single one of those companies that would consider a poll of 516 people (out of a group that is well over 200 million) that was conducted for one day to be acceptable methodology.

Now please do not misunderstand me. I am specifically not making the leap that this survey is therefore invalid, but come on people. This looks like sloppy research at best. Give me a poll of 100,000 folks taken over a month, and I will believe in those numbers.

Two comments:[ol][]The President’s job isn’t to win a worldwide “Miss Congeniality” contest. His job is to protect the United States.[]The war in Iraq now has the support of around 50 countries. The combined population of coalition countries is approximately 1.23 billion people, with a combined gross domestic product of approximately $22 trillion. These countries are from every continent on the globe, representing every major race, religion, and ethnicity in the world.[/ol]

I find the fresh and original thinking in the OP invigorating.

The scariest thought is that you may be right :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a background in applied statistics, and made sure to include number polled and calculated marigin of error. Your method is a sampling which would have a much smaller margin of error, but would lose the immediacy of what this particular poll was meant to measure, specifically the change over three or four days. Our media and government is run (to an extent) off these short quickies.