Bobbi Kristina Brown - on a ventilator after found in bathtub

Its called gallows humor. Irony.

I’ve made it clear that I felt this is a tragedy. I was a big Whitney Houston fan in the 90’s and recall seeing Bobbi Kristina with her in many photos. They were practically inseparable. They even recorded and performed a song together. It’s obvious her mom’s death hit her hard.
photo

Gallows humor is usually funny.

That poor kid. I can’t imagine how screwed up her life must’ve been. I don’t suppose there’s any hope for a miracle. :frowning:

I feel really sad and bad for her, first her family history and now her situation at only 21! Hope she gets better and does not follow in footsteps.

Just watched a Nightline report about her. They talked about how she did some singing but every time they started to air a clip of her singing it stopped in seconds. What I did hear didn’t sound good. Is there any reason why they would not be airing more than a couple seconds of her singing?

They can’t broadcast more than a few seconds without paying royalties.

I think there will be more grief on the horizon for the family. She inherited her Mom’s large estate. Then she married (the boy who was effectively raised as her brother, though never formally adopted!), her husband now stands to inherit. (I hope she had a will!) the Houston family is highly unlikely to be happy with that.

Things could get very ugly, and a lot of lawyers could make a lot of money.

She could have had a seizure while kneeling or standing, and fallen face down.

I feel bad for the family, but why is this even news? Was she famous just because her mother was famous or did she do something on her own? If not, why is this in the news? Let it be a private tragedy for the family and give them some privacy.

Though if the marriage were annulled her next of kin would possibly be her father and his other kids, which they probably wouldn’t like any better.

Do you see how this thread has a lot of people posting to it? Clearly, this story is interesting to people, so that makes it news. Is it really that difficult to figure out?

But they played more than a few seconds of several of Whitney’s songs. Which is why I thought it weird that, if it was a royalty thing, why didn’t they just play more than a second of Bobbi singing instead of playing so much of her mother’s music?

If she was submerged five minutes there has to be significant damage. That’s a long time to deprive the brain of oxygen.

She and her foster-brother were NOT legally married at all, he won’t inherit anything. I doubt she had a will.

Not that I don’t believe that’s true…but, the person insisting this is so, is the person who stands to inherit if the marriage didn’t happen. I’m just saying, maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not.

Wouldn’t the boyfriend still qualify for ‘palimony’ if they cohabitated for three years? Get some portion of the estate?

(Where I live, 2 yrs cohabitation makes a common law partnership, with all the same protections as a full spouse. Including rights of inheritance.)

The Daily Mail (yes, I know, but sometimes they’re right) is reporting she has been taken off life support. Poor girl.

Except gallows humor is clever and funny.

Daily Mail was wrong. Bobbi Kristina is still on life support.

I live in Atlanta, home of Emory University Hospital, where she is being treated now. Our local news stations have reporters on the scene, and we get updates frequently.

I’m suspicious of the police report that no drugs were found in BK’s apartment. I don’t think the police are lying, but (in my opinion) there were probably drugs. I think the friends who found her disposed of the drugs before the 911 medics and the police arrived. That seems to be what happened in Whitney’s case too. Her autopsy showed cocaine in her system, but no drugs were found in the hotel suite where she died. Somebody did a fast cleanup job before the police got there.

I hope Bobbi Kristina survives, but I fear that even if she lives, she will have serious brain damage from going without oxygen for so long. So sad for such a young person, and sad for her family, who already endured the loss of Whitney.

Thank you for the correction.

It’s hard to think of someone her age being on a worldwide death watch, which is what this seems like. It doesn’t sound like she has ever had much of a chance to have a reasonably normal life.

Yeah her parents had plenty of $$$ to get their daughter teeth fixed , there is no reason for her teeth to look the way they do. So you got wonder how much attention she did get from her parents . It’s really ashamed this happen to Bobbie she is young enough to get fresh start on her life , if she pulled through this. But it not looking good so far . :frowning: