Bodoni Blows It!

www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000279.html

This totally belonged in the Pit. You blew it, Lynn…

And then to just close it and not transer it just reeked of arrogance!

Yer pal,
Satan

Wow - I agree; and might I add, nobody can unappreciate football like a woman can.
But Satan! I thought this was about letting TubofDiva come in to the forum that Lynn moderates and willfully change thread titles to patronizing and emasculated shadows of their former selves.

I didn’t transfer it because of the language. I don’t moderate MPSIMS anymore (fortunately, one forum is QUITE enough, thank you) and so I am not sure of the language now.

If you want to start a sports discussion in MPSIMS or Great Debates, feel free. But I’m trying to keep the Pit as the Pit.

If I’d considered the Secret Service angle, I would have altered the thread title too. I’m glad that TubaDiva caught it. The Straight Dope doesn’t need that sort of attention.

Lynn/SDStaff Lynn
For the Straight Dope

The Pit is about flaming.

The thread is about flaming your football teams you follow and disappoint.

And this doesn’t belong in The Pit, eh?

Whatever…

Damn right. I mean, there’s a thread in here about McDonalds, for fucksake. And we can’t flame the teams we love who rip our hearts out over and over again? I can’t lament over my Sabres, or weep as the Bills have yet another great season only to lose in the first round of the playoffs again? I can’t bitch about bogus Instant Replay calls or nearly weeping while watching the Browns lose, even though I could really care less? I can’t yell at the fact that Randy Moss is being double-teamed, therefore keeping legions of football fans from seeing pure athleticism in all its glory? I can’t scream at that fuckhead John Cooper as he screws around with the two-quarterback system just enough to make sure that the Buckeyes never have a strong leader?

MPSIMS wasn’t made for stuff like this, and until you all create a forum for free-floating bitching, there’s noplace else to put it but here.

Geesh!

You guys act like your opinion counts concerning how this board is run.

Haven’t you learned that moderators are all-knowing, never make mistakes, and don’t deserve criticism?

You better shut the fuck up no before they delete every post you’ve ever made in the Pit or maybe even send you an email warning you not to “stir up bad feelings” toward the SDMB…

Right Lynn?

Contestant #3

“If you gotta flame, do it here”

Oh, the Tampa Bay Bucs, my favorite team, really dissapointed me the way they lost to Green Bay. I’m so angry at them. They are going to lose me as a fan if they keep this up. 2 and 3, how horrible.

This isn’t working.

Therealbubba

Reeeeealllly? Guess you weren’t around my house yesterday when I shouted so loud I hurt my throat over my Miami Dolphins coming back and winning…
I’m a beer drinking, Buffalo wing eating, football loving chick.
Watch those sweeping generalizations.

Some mornings it just doesn’t seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/zettecity/index.html

You must have really loved that Monday night game, huh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Don’t worry…it’s not like you won’t end up beating us in the playoffs again)

Chalk me up as a woman who makes up for all the other women who whine because they’re football widows. It’s a beautiful game, and I’m always depressed in February when it’s gone.

*Geesh!
You guys act like your opinion counts concerning how this board is run.

Haven’t you learned that moderators are all-knowing, never make mistakes, and don’t deserve criticism?

You better shut the fuck up no before they delete every post you’ve ever made in the Pit or maybe even send you an email warning you not to “stir up bad feelings” toward the SDMB…*

Ouch! I hurt myself falling off my chair!
Nice one C#3… :wink:

Quote:

Bodoni Blows It!
Her sex life is none of your concern, Satan .

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Well, that’s enough smiley faces.

Attention C#3!The inside of your musty head is a exercise wheel;
in which two gerbils, Vanity and Credulity by
name, tussle fruitlessly over the walnut that
represents your banal & pointless existance.

Actually, it’s far too many.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart