Body double?

Is there any truth to the fact that, somewhere in the world, there is someone who is physically my exact duplicate? If so, how can this be?

I don’t know about an “exact” duplicate, but with 5 billion candidates to choose from, I’ll bet you could get awfully close!

Of course, I can eliminate 20% of them by virtue of the fact that I’m not Chinese.

“I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

Your great-great grandfather was a randy devil?

Funny, I was going to pose this exact same question.

Sly: You mean to say that you COULD be my body double :)?

But seriously: is this some kind of a myth??

It seems to me that no matter who becomes President of the USA, there is always someone who takes advantage of the fact they look (and frequently talk) like them. Look at our current crop of Slick Willy imitators and perhaps you’ll see as good an answer as you’re going to get to this question.

In the same vein… Ain’t an Elvis impersonator alive or dead coulda fooled me.

now personally, while i haven’t run into my exact body double, i do know someone who looks enough like me to be mistaken for relatives. We share the exact same birthday and I am a mere 2 hours older than she is. Also shocking is the fact that our maternal grandmothers look almost exactly alike. Speaking statistically, it is very probable.
meeting them however is improbable

“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.”----George Carlin

It would seem to fly in the face of the assertion that no two sets of fingerprints are alike…

I was once mistaken for someone else. A girl insisted I was someone she knew (she said this person’s name, but I have since forgotten it). She refused to believe that I wasn’t this other guy, so the resemblance must have been pretty damn good! I have never met this doppelganger, and do not believe he is any kind of relative. In hindsight, I should have played along, because that girl was awfully cute. :wink:

“I had a feeling that in Hell there would be mushrooms.” -The Secret of Monkey Island

I’ve wondered about this too. In the past 5 years of so, I’ve had three people tell me they saw me in a place I knew I hadn’t been at the time. One guy was just amazed – said he was certain it was me. But it was another city and I wasn’t there when he was.

Boy oh boy, do I ever feel sorry for my freaky, metabolically challenged, nail-biting, chain-smoking, green-eyed, oddly-coiffed, wide-hipped, left-handed, small-nosed, chipmunk-cheeked, overly-large- breasted, small-waisted, five foot three and three-quarter inch weirdo body double. Poor girl.

Chris

When I was on holiday in America I was in an office block in New York with my brother and some woman came running up to me shouting ‘hello _____’ and even when i turned to her completely unconprehendingly she had to be told by someone else that I wasn’t ______.

I find it very strange to think that there is someone wandering around New York who looks exactly like me. Poor woman :slight_smile:

Last time I brought my car in for an oil change, the mechanic looked at me funny and asked if my name was Chris. I said no, 'cuz it isn’t. The man said he just wanted to check and make sure I wasn’t his cousin Chris, whom he said could be my twin.
The two differences that he pointed out were that I wear a beard, and Chris drives a Mercedes; otherwise, he said he’d have thought I was his cousin come to visit.

I think it’s true that we have a body double, cuz everywhere I go, people always mistake me for some actor named “Brad Pitt.”

I don’t know who first said “everyone’s a critic,” but I think it’s a really stupid saying.

You mean there are three of us?? :wink:

Cave Diem! Carpe Canem!

I just about had a coronary in Wal-Mart about a year ago when I saw a guy who I thought looked very very very much like my dad. My dad had been dead just over a year at this time. But… he was even wearing the same kind of clothes as my dad preferred to wear, and he had the same disability as my dad, so he even walked and moved just like him. It was all I could do to keep myself from running up to him and hugging him. Instead, I went home and sobbed my eyes out. I saw him a couple weeks later at a local 4th of July fireworks show. Now I watch for him every time I go to Wal-Mart. If I see him again, I think I will hug him. And/or have a nervous break down.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy