Boobies or not..what a stinker.

No problem. All of us were newbies once :slight_smile: Another unsolicited tip for you… :wink: It’s easier to read your posts if you use the QUOTE feature of the boards when your quoting another poster (there is a QUOTE button at the bottom of the reply window that automtically puts the appropriate tags before and after the quote)

I’m not sure what you mean by “open minded”, but AFAIK, the women who appeared on the show were of legal age…had volunteered for this…had probably had the show explained to them (this is going to be a “behind the scenes” show illustrating how playmates get chosen)…and had given their informed consent to do so. So yeah…if you give your informed consent, then gosh, I think you’re accountable for the process, unless it involves something outside of the discussed terms.

Well then, no offense, but you would have no clue about what I was referring to then in terms of the what the women actually said then, correct?

Ummm, Playboy…for better or worse (at least when it comes to centerfolds) is all about objectification of women. This is not news, correct? You’re making a choice to pose buck naked in front of a dozen stylists and photographers while they shoot a few rolls of soft focus film. And then you will have naked body printed on several thousand (or more?) copies of a magazine for the entire world to see. Forever. With all kinds of people making judgements about your body…and scores of teenage boys having lewd and lacivious thoughts about you. Forever. This is not a surprise…right?

If I wasn’t clear in the OP, I did not watch the whole thing. Not because I’m offended by women choosing to get buck naked, but because I found the “inside commentary” by the women to be so inane as to be ridiculous. The MSTK3 guys could have provided better commentary (and hell, THEN I woulda watched the rest of the damn thing :wink: )

Again, I’m assuming that the women were told ahead of time what was involved with this process. If they wern’t, I’m sure we will see a lawsuit from one of them in the near future. So no, if the women gave their consent to a process that involved them being critiqued for their appearance, then I don’t think that they got a raw deal. Consent is more than a legal process, it’s all about being an adult and taking responsibility for the things you choose to do in life.

I agree that consent is more than a legal process. I also agree that we should all take responsibility for our choices. That’s why when it looks to me like people are being irresponsible about the way they talk about others they should think about it and how it affects the people they talk about. I also agree that women are objectified; I think they’re expected to take more responsibility for it than those who enjoy it, though.

Thanks again for the tip on quotes. Don’t know why I didn’t notice that button!

Oh, and when I said “open-minded,” I meant “free thinking,” open to seeing things in new ways.