I really LOVE those fiction books that actively try to screw with your head with experimental styles and breaking the 4th wall. Can anyone recommend me any books like these?
So far those I’m aware off are
- Pale Fire by Nabokov
- Infinite Jest and The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielslewski
- Gravity’s Rainbow by Pynchon
- Mulligan Stew by Gilbert Sorrentino
- 2666 by Roberto Bolaño
- If on a winter’s night a traveller by Italo Calvino
The more philosophical conversations and random info-dumps thrown in the better, but it must still be at least in comprehensible English (unlike some works by Joyce).