Books into Movies and who might star

Inspired by the Amber discussion inthis thread.

Pierce Brosnan as Eric
Timothy Busfield as Bleys
Patrick Swayze as Benedict
Rick Schroder as Random
Bebe Neuwirth as Deirdre
Barry Pepper as Corwin
Rufus Sewell as Julian

Hmmmm…sounds interesting, at the least. Here’s my version:

Angus MacFayden (Robert the Bruce in Braveheart) as Corwin
Liam Neeson as Benedict
Stephen Baldwin as Random
Eric Stoltz as Belys
Catherine Zeta Jones as Deirdre
Tim Roth as Julian
Gary Senise as Brand
Charlize Theron as Flora
Cate Blanchett as Llwewlla
Alan Rickman (the baddie from Die Hard) as Caine
Pierce Brosnan as Eric (good call, Jeff)
Nicole Kidman as Fiona
John Rhys-Davies as Dworkin

and...

Sean Connery as Oberon

I’ve been thinking about this ever since I read the first book. Wish I could remember all the charaters.

Sean Connery as “Silk Screen” Sam Bannister
Woody Harrelson as Capt. Courtland Bannister
Tom Cruise as Sean Bannister
Anna Nicole Smith as Charmagne (sp?)
Jim Carrey as CIO Hostetler
Steven Segal as Maj. Wolfgang Lochert
Soon-Tek Oh as Buey Dan

O’Brien’s “Aubrey & Maturin” series:

Johnny Depp as Maturin
Aubrey, I’m not so sure about, but maybe Fred Ward with a dye job?
Winona Ryder as Diana
Not sure about Sophie, maybe Kate Winslet?

The Liaden Universe novels (Conflict of Honors, Agent of Change, Carpe Diem and Plan B):

My sister and I had a long discussion about this over several nights and came up with the following:

Miri Robertson: based on her picture on the cover of Partners in Necessity, my sister suggested Patricia Richardson (Jill from Home Improvement). There is a remarkable resemblance. Anna Paquin might be a possibility.
Shan yos’Galan: Val Kilmer might have a shot.

That’s as far as we got. The rest of the discussion was an unsuccessful attempt to cast Val Con. TVeblen! Get in here and help me cast Val Con!

I could maybe possibly see Natalie Portman as Priscilla Mendoza and Christina Ricci as Anthora yos’Galan. For Nova yos’Galan, perhaps Kristin Lehman, but I haven’t seen enough of her to know for sure.

Julian May’s Saga of the Exiles! (The Many Coloured Land, The Golden Torc, The Non-Born King, and The Adversary)

I’m no good with actors, so I have no idea how to cast it. Sean Connery would be good as Dougal though (so what if he’s a somewhat minor character, he’s just so cool!).

You’d probably need somewhere between 4 and 8 movies to do it. But it would be so cool! Who wouldn’t want to see a completely dry Mediterranean ('scuse the spelling if I’m wrong) basin being flooded when the plug at Gibralter gets blown? And then the tidal wave arrives just as Aiken and Nodonn start their duel! Which is just after Aiken’s really cool line after killed Pallol One-Eye! (You can’t help loving Aiken Drum, he’s a bit of a bastard but he rules) And Marc’s a cool character too!

It’ll never happen though. sighs Damn, now I’m going to have to go read them again.