Books on CD - LOTR

Something similar to this has probably been posted already, but I’ve already listened to “The Hobbit” on CD…the version by Recorded Books (www.recordedbooks.com) that is unabridged. Not one word is omitted, and the reading is done by Rob Inglis, who does a great job.

I recently purchased all 3 LOTR books brand new on Ebay for $50 total, which is a great buy considering that they cost $50 each retail.

I prefer my books on CD these days, thanks to my job and my 2 year old son…not much time for reading a book the old fashioned way, unless it’s Dr. Seuss! I sit at my desk at work with headphones on and listen to my heart’s content.

I have 3 questions:

1. Does anyone own these same versions of LOTR on CD?

2. If so, how do you like them?

3. Do you think that listening to these a couple times each counts as “reading” the books?

I listen to books all the time, Clint. I usually have one going in print and one audio book. I hate them on CD though because it’s so much easier to lose your place. With cassette tapes when you stop you can pick up right where you left off.

I consider the books I’ve listened to as “read,” though the experience is somewhat different. For one thing, names and places are correctly pronounced. :slight_smile: I admit that the process of listening isn’t quite as intimate as reading, but my eyes are only good for about 45 minute of reading at a sitting so it’s a trade off I’m willing to make.