Boris Has a "Bite" Button

Cows do the same thing, except the spot was more on the tail than on the back. They would lick the air, or stretch around to try to lick the spot too. #137 lost her balance one day and almost flattened me :smack:

With lions, I thought when they were fighting for leadership of the pride, they would try to bite this area, which then causes paralysis of the hind legs so the victor can finish off the loser a bit easier? I recall seeing this on a wildlife program some years ago, but it’s all a bit vague :dubious:

That button is further up the spine, towards the middle of the back. It’s a large button, which is why I didn’t find this button until very recently.
Stupid cats and buttons…
I’ll make with the picture. Yeah, it’ll also be me getting bit. Would you rather see gonzomax get bit?

Hm. This is weirder than I thought. The two beagles do the licking thing when you scratch their butts, but not so much with the cat. He’ll actually lean forward and start licking his own leg and nibbling on that unless someone’s arm happens to be handy.

Outside of arm or shoulder, I don’t think other body parts get similar treatment. I’ll see if it works with** gonzomax’s ** nose.
Late last night, I held Boris and scritched the button, thinking I could burn it out and we’d be done. It worked…for an hour.