SCAdian
September 25, 2026, 4:38pm
282
SunUp:
Take 3 DQs.
William IV
Buzz Windrip (It Can’t Happen Here , by Sinclair Lewis)
Lady Whiteadder
DQ: Known from Tammany Hall or any other such political machine?
2 DQs reserved.
Eureka
September 25, 2026, 7:00pm
284
Walt Whitman
William Carlos Williams
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3 DQs
1 DQ. Last name begins with A-G?
2. Associated with Prohibition?
1 DQ reserved
SunUp
September 26, 2026, 2:18am
286
I feel like I may have made an error in an early answer, so I’m going to give a freebie.
In terms of being known for politics, I am best known for interaction with, though not membership in, the judicial branch.
Hmm. Still drawing a blank. Maybe this was a political activist who was disappeared by TBTB, perhaps tied to the early Civil Rights Movement, labor unions, the internment of Japanese-Americans or the like?
Eureka
September 26, 2026, 11:44am
288
I have one more DQ, and no ideas. So anYone with an idea can use it.
Eureka’s DQ: Name associated with a Supreme Court decision?
SCAdian
September 26, 2026, 4:13pm
291
DQ: Disappeared after 1925?
My last DQ is open to anyone.
This is not a DQ, but an observation: have we established that the person is male and not female? The politics angle makes me think they are male, but I could be wrong. Also: if they’re female, what about being a suffragette?
Food for thought.
SunUp
September 26, 2026, 9:11pm
294
W
Real
Dead
First name begins with W
Not known from the arts
Date of death unknown
American
Known from politics or the military
Not known from the military
Not best known for elected office
Last name begins from A-M
Not known for state-level or lower (ie. county or city) politics
Born before 1900
Born after 1800
Not known for being a jurist
Born after 1850
Disappeared, but was not really a prominent person at the time of his disappearance, so no notice was made
Did not hold a cabinet post
Not black
Not known for religious activism
Disappeared after 1900
Not known from involvement with any political machine
Last name begins with A-G
Not associated with Prohibition
Name associated with a Supreme Court decision
Disappeared after 1925
Male
And I believe that’s the last of the DQs.
“Are you Firstname Lastname” are open until 6 p.m. CDT Monday, September 28th.
SCAdian
September 27, 2026, 1:17am
295
Prof.Pepperwinkle:
SCAdian’s DQ : Male?
I considered asking that, but I decided the masculine pronoun used in DQ16 had already answered it.
SunUp
September 28, 2026, 2:40pm
298
Maybe more obscure than I thought. It is a Supreme Court decision that has been in the news some lately…
SCAdian
September 28, 2026, 3:28pm
299
That sounds like EH’s specialty.
Pass.