Botticelli - Sept 2026

Are you Wilburforce Guildersleeve?

I am not Wilburforce Guildersleeve, but I am

Wong Kim Ark

born in California to Chinese parents and the plaintiff of a test case that affirmed that the 14th Amendment guaranteed jus soli citizenship to anyone born in the U.S. and subject to its laws, regardless of the status of their parents.

Yeah, I have heard that name mentioned in the last few months regarding birthright citizenship, but I would not have come up with it. Good pick.

Never heard of him.

Nope. Don’t know the name. Don’t pay enough attention to the news.

I remember reading about the 14th Amendment but I thought it pertained to granting birthright citizenship to recently emancipated slaves born on US soil.

It appears I met the notability criteria, so I have started up a new thread for the new month and new game:

Link to it here.