I would call the manufactorer of the product and tell them the can is bulging and so forth. They will probably ask for the numbers on the can so they know hwen and where it was made.
As for eating it before it bulged, you might have been fine, you might not have. It it was early enough, then you might have onlyi ngested the botulism spores, before they had enough time to make a good amount of toxin. Our stomachs can kill ths spores (not an infants, though. So don’t feed an infant honey, full of botulism spores.) But the toxin is bad, bad stuff. Small maounts will make you sick for a while, larger amounts can cause temporary paralysis and a trip to the hospital, and even larger amounts (or lack of treatment from a smaller amount) cause severe paralysis and will kill you. Nasty, nasty stuff.