Bounce Out (and I thought Freecell had me hooked)

I played Dropheads, until it got realllllly slooooowwwww. Then I stopped because I wanted to punch my monitor. It would have hurt.

Luck has a lot to do with it. I’ve only broken 200,000 (or come anywhere close) once.

But I have figured out some helpful hints. If anyone reading this wants to figure out the strategy for yourself, read no further.
[ul]
[li]You can rack up major bonus points by eliminating more than 3 balls at a time. Look for ways of lining up 4 in a row, or of simultaneously making two rows of 3 with the same move. Watch for this especially in the first couple of levels, when you can more afford to take your time.[/li][li]You can’t make your next move until the balls from the last one have stopped falling, but you should be looking for moves. Ideally, you’ll have one picked out that you can make the instant the balls stop falling. If balls are falling on one side of the screen, you can search the other side for valid moves.[/li][li]Keep an eye on the window that tells you how many possible moves there are. If there’s only 1 possible move, once you find and make that move, it may open up other move(s): look for them only in regions where the balls have shifted after that last move.[/li][li]Similarly but more generally, if there are as many or more valid moves remaining after you made a move as there were before, then at least one of those moves must be somewhere around the balls you disturbed with your last move, so that might be a fruitful place to search.[/li][li]A good time to use the Panic Button is when you have only 1 available move and you can’t see where it is and you don’t want to waste time hunting for it.[/li][/ul]With practice, you develop an eye for the kinds of patterns that lead to valid moves. For instance, 3 balls of the same color stuck together in a little triangle does not yield a move, but two in a row and a third ball nearby often does.

Wow. You have quite a syatem. I was just looking for the pretty colors! :wally