bouree card game

My father used to play a cajun card game called bouree. He died when I was 13 years old. I have always wanted to know how to play the game, does anyone have the rules of the game?

Here ya go. Have fun!

Although we all learned different variations growing up, for the last several years, my friends and I have played according to Hoyle’s. There are some differences between Hoyle’s rules and those given through the link above. One is that if you have the ace, king or queen of trumps and it’s your lead, you must lead that ace, king or queen. Another is that if you can’t follow suit but can trump, you must trump.

What makes the game interesting, at least in my neck of the woods, is that a “boo” (staying in, but taking no tricks) always matches the pot.

Thanks for your replies. I had found another link on the 'net before I posted my question, but the rules there did not quite make sense, so I thought I would see what the BB had to say. All I remember from my childhood is that the players told me you could lose a lot of money in this game. I can see that the rules are quite flexible, and depending on the house rules, a player better keep one hand on his wallet!