Bow Down: It's Poker Time! SDMB Poker 2nd Q '08

MsAnthropeMN

I play the 250 chip tourneys - either the 99 seaters that are always opening, or the 250/25 larger tourneys, all Hold’em.

What’s your moniker?

It’s Gadarene.

I mostly play the tiered cash two-table sit and gos ($8+0.80, $24+2, $69+6). They’re pretty soft, or can be, and top six spots pay with eighteen entrants. I’m trying to build up enough of a roll to take some decent shots at the WSOP ME satellites, but I’ve had a bit of a downturn lately, so we’ll see.

(Started with $100 a long time ago, had $1300 fairly recently, and am at $1150 right now.)

Well, I’ve been threatening for months to go down to Foxwoods and play a tournament (they’ve got, like, 3 per day) in-person. So, yesterday, I did. $100, ($80 to the prize pool, $20 to the house) No-Limit Hold-Em.

I told myself to play smart, not get to excited or committed, watch, and learn. I said I’d be happy if I finished in the top half.

In the end, that’s exactly where I finished. 135 entrants, top 20 places paid, and they were down to 7 tables when I busted out. I made some smart folds with good hands that would have lost to better ones. In the end, I died with a whimper, not with a bang.

Just wasn’t getting any cards. Even once I knew I was desperate, it was hard to find anything to play. I went all-in three times:

A-9, one caller with A-6. the board was x-10-J-Q-K. We split the pot.

A-4, no callers, and the big-blind shows 2-7 offsuit as he folds. The blinds and antes were most welcome by that point.

K-J diamonds, one caller with A-6 clubs. Two clubs on the flop, a jack on the turn, and another club on the river. And I was done.

It was fun. The blinds went up every 20 minutes, which seems like a long time compared to online, but the pace is slower, so the number of hands probably works out about the same. It kinda snuck up on me how fast the blinds added up. I lasted about 2 hours, 20 minutes.

I created this week’s game. Does it look right?

I haven’t looked yet, but will when I get home from hell, I mean work.
However, remember I am the one who cannot do naval time with EST/CST/PST/WTF/OMG time shifts.

So, maybe someone else should look.

And GOOD on ya, Sir Robot for your decent showing and ending where you figured you would.

A glorious May Day game!

1. Dag
  2. Oslo
  3. Missy
  4. Root (too tired to play)
  5. Kyy
  6. Duck
  7. Ast, victim of a rivering bastard.

And if we were still tracking kills. I’d have about a trabillion or so points.

And the standings:

1 Miss Take 76.5
2 Duke of Rat 65.3
3 Dag Otto 63.3
4 Oslo Ostragoth 53.0
5 Kyyrewyyoae 45.6
6 Robot Arm 45.6
7 Asterion 25.7

Missy is off to an electrifying 5 cashes in 5 games, Dag and Duke with 3 each. I guess the rest of us need to “fem” up.

Well, Oslo, if you let your momma keep dressing you, you’ll be in first every game!

If anyone has no life, come join me tonight playing the sngs. I’ll probably hop on around 930pm CST.

I saw Missy online on Saturday, and I found a whole new way to lose at poker. Thought I’d seen them all.

That got me a little miffed, and I wanted just one decent game to redeem myself. So I played Sunday morning, and Sunday evening, and tonight. I’ve been doing this for a couple years now, and I’ve never seen cards this bad. I don’t think I’ll have a decent poker hand again before I die. 9 sit-'n-gos, and I managed to limp to third place in one. I get competitive, and I get stubborn. If you see me online in 4 hours, it might be best to just lie low. If I’m still around by that point, I’ll be in the mood to slit my wrists.

Your mojo is bad, Robot-san.
The last SnG Oslo and I played Saturday night was hideous - total crap cards. I believe I was dealt a pair of 3’s once, otherwise it was all T4o, 92o. Very few face cards.

I’m going to try an hop on around 9 CST and play a few…

I get it in my head that the only way to end a losing streak is to play through it.

And, last night, I did. It was like the cork coming out of a champagne bottle. Limp, limp, limp; fourth place out of four; and suddenly the cards were there. I even got a little lucky at heads-up and won some hands I was behind in. (But, c’mon, that guy went all-in eight hands in a row. I know he couldn’t have had great cards every time, but the two times I called him, he did.)

Four tournaments at 11 cents each, and then I won the last one for 45 cents. Do the math. But I’ve got to step away while I’m ahead, for at least one night.

Good luck, Missy.

Yeah, but I’ll get over it. Sorry if I seemed a bit of a grouch last night. And I didn’t hang around to chat much last night; hope you’re well.

No results yet?

I was also super cranky last night - sorry guys.

I just know I ended up SOMEHOW in 4th. However, after y’all left (excepting O) I came in 2nd in a SnG. It was a not so great night all in all.

Ok, I should have posted this last night, but my kid was hounding me for his computer.

Correct me if I misplaced you…I’m pretty sure about the top 3:

1. Yeticus Rex
  2. Dag Otto
  3. Asterion
  4. MissTake
  5. Root
  6. Oslo
  7. Duck

I might have Oslo and Root reversed, can someone verify this?

I might have been sixth; I’ll find out.

I was gonna check the hand history, anyway. I want to see just how bad a beat that was that Missy put on me.

Standings:

1 Miss Take 73.3
2 Dag Otto 65.5
3 Duke of Rat 59.5
4 Oslo Ostragoth 49.2
5 Kyyrewyyoae 45.6
6 Robot Arm 44.3
7 Asterion 37.4

Estrogen continues to rule, but the margin is dropping.

That’s what I have written down.

Heads up, people: Crazy has a software upgrade that takes several minutes to load.

Results:

1 Oslo*
2 Duke
3 MissTake
4 Dag
5 RobotArm
4 asterion

*I’m giving myself an asterisk because my victory over Duke in heads-up without a little help is about as likely as Barry Bonds’ home run record.

and the standings:

1 Miss Take 71.5
2 Dag Otto 63.0
3 Duke of Rat 61.5
4 Oslo Ostragoth 57.6
5 Kyyrewyyoae 45.6
6 Robot Arm 42.3
7 Asterion 33.3

Ast is seriously distracted this quarter.

One word:

Breasts.