Boyfriend/girlfriend in 2nd grade?

I saw my first penis behind the blackboard in first grade. :eek: It was pretty much underwhelming.

His name was Tommy and we were a couple for that whole school year.

My first ‘boyfriend’ lasted well over a year, maybe two, around when I was 6. It wasn’t the cool thing, and we got mercilessly teased–neither of us were cool kids anyways. Then after we ‘broke up’ he started hanging out with other boys and turned into the standard grade school boy who hated girls.

Preschool, 1989. His name was Jason. He went around the class asking all the girls if they would marry him. I said yes because I thought he was cute… but I told him I wanted to wait until we were both nine years old before we got married. (also, he wanted to get married in order to wear a “pretty wedding dress” - I wasn’t sure about that, but it didn’t seem quite right…) We made each other valentines and went over to one another’s houses, but I moved away and we didn’t stay in touch.

Then years later he looked me up on the internet and got kind of stalkery for a while. Ew.

My first boyfriend was Mitch. We were in kindergarten (1975), and we drank our milk together every morning. He had a best friend named Jeff, who I married a couple of years later. We eventually became “real” bf/gf and would go skating together every Friday night. He even learned how to skate backwards so we could couples skate. We broke up in 5th grade, for no real reason.

My first boyfriend was second grade (circa 1986). We even went on a date to the roller rink (with no parents, my mom stayed in the car). He moved away a year later.

I still think about him periodically. Odd.

I don’t think Patty and I ever declared ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend, but we walked home from school together* when we were in second grade ('66-'67), and I thought she was pretty. My friend Jim and I were generally acknowledged as the two smartest kids in the class, and Susan was the smartest girl, but Patty was intelligent enough. I remember she knew that people were animals, and she once addressed her younger neighbor as “Five” because the neighbor’s last name was Sinko, similar to cinco (our class had recently learned how to count to ten in Spanish).

One day Patty called and asked if I could come over to her house. I was excited by the prospect, as I felt Patty and I might end up hugging and kissing in her bedroom. However, I knew I had to ask permission, and Mom put the kibosh on my plans for some reason that may or may not have been lame. I never got invited to Patty’s house again, but I don’t remember “breaking up” with her. Any potential romance was nipped in the bud when the school district boundaries were redrawn the summer before I entered third grade – I was reassigned, but Patty wasn’t.

By the time I saw her again in seventh grade, I was still a nerdy “brain”, while she had cast her lot with the “freaks”. She was still good-looking, although now more in a “hot” than “pretty” sense. She never spoke to me through junior and senior high, and I was too shy to approach her. I recently saw that she had joined classmates.com, so I clicked on her name and learned she’s now married to a guy who used to live about five houses up the street from me.

• to be precise, I walked with her to her house, then continued walking another few blocks to my family’s home

When I was in preschool (I think I was four at the time), we were supposed to form a ring for something, but somehow I wound up stuck alone in the middle without anyone’s open hand to hold, so the teachers decided that we would play Farmer in the Dell. I remember a lot of people going “Oooh, he’s gonna pick Teresa!” when they started “The farmer picks a wife, the farmer picks a wife…”

Well, yeah, of course I picked Teresa. She was my good buddy.

We stayed good buddies until after kindergarten, when a new school opened up (I think… she might have moved) and I didn’t see her again until junior high, I think. She did find out that I moved to the same school in fifth grade, because she found my sister and gave her an envelope for me. She gave me X-men pogs! (I think some of them may still be buried in my desk somewhere).

In junior high, we were casually friendly, had the same newspaper class (and, I think, English), but did not become especially good friends again.

I don’t know if that counts for anything (I was and remain cheerfully oblivious about these things, most of the time), but that’s my contribution.

My first boyfriends name was Kenneth and his birthday was one day after mine, which I thought was super cool. In first grade he gave me the first of many rings he got from his dentist office for having “no cavities”. My father used to tease me by telling me that if I took a bath with the ring on, that my finger would turn green, so I carefully removed them each bathtime and set them on the edge of the tub. They left a rust stain on the tub instead :smiley: We were an on again off again couple until fifth grade, when Tammy moved to town and she stole his heart :frowning: :frowning: It really wasn’t fair, he was one of the only boys that was taller than me throughout gradeschool. She was a petit little thing and should’ve left the tall ones alone for us tall girls! lol

A few times over the years, I’ve looked his number up and called him to wish him a happy birthday but I’ve never been able to get through his wife to actually talk to him.

I liked two girls between kindergarten and second grade. In kindergarten, Carina was my girl. She had dark hair, blue eyes, and a great smile. She and I would hold hands sometimes, and I think there might have been a kiss or two. I got her attention by picking on her and being able to outrun even boys who were bigger than me.

Heather was a redhead, which affected me for decades after, let me tell you. Carina moved away during the last part of kindergarten, but I met Heather soon after in first grade. She was taller than me and could probably have beaten me up, but was too nice to do that even if she was a bit of a tomboy. I think we just stopped hanging out together as much when we got a bit older. I still saw her sometimes when she was at the same babysitter or very occasionally when I rode my bike. It was a little hard to pretend that I was “just in the neighborhood” since she lived close to a mile away up a hill that was so steep that it was almost impossible to climb on a bike; you usually had to get off and walk.

I drove by her place when I was about seventeen. I’d taken a drive back to my old house to see what it was like after all those years (we moved when I was eight or nine). I was looking for my past, trying to recall old memories that had faded with time. Surprisingly, she still lived there. I was lucky enough to drive by just as she was walking out to her car. Her hair had darkened to auburn but I could still see in her face traces of the little girl I liked so much when we were little.

Now that she was grown up, I had to give myself some credit. I have damn good taste :D. She was hot.