Braless women

Well, I’m a guy, and I’ll be honest, I look. Maybe I could help myself, but frankly, I don’t want to. I look. And it’s exciting when there’s something to see. That sounds pathetic, but there it is. I’m sorry, but it’s the truth. And I thank anyone who helps out.

I never wear one. Ever. Ever. I’ve always been small breasted, so it’s never made a difference, and it feels so unnatural to have something going around my chest- like a chastity belt for the torso.

The “male gaze” never factored into it- but hey, if they like it, so be it. Really, they’re small enough so that they don’t bounce, and you really can’t see anything obscene. Personally, I’m comfortable with going bra-less. What can I say, it feels good. :slight_smile:

Incidentally, this thread made me think of the Seinfeld ep, where Elaine meets a former classmate in high school who never wore a bra, and the whole thing becomes an Issue.

I seldom wear a bra unless I’m really dressing up, wearing a very thin shirt, or exercising. I don’t care that my breasts won’t look as full, nor do I think there is anything terribly wrong with a little bounce. Not that mine are big enough to bounce. In an ideal world I could be comfortable and look my best but since it’s virtually impossible to find a really comfortable bra (IMHO) I choose comfort. Male gazes do not factor into my decision process.

I never go without a bra in public, ever.

I have very large breasts and gravity can be cruel. My breasts in a 44dd bra look pretty good but just letting them swing in the breeze looks and feels wrong.

I can understand most of what you guys are all saying (those who go bra-less) but I still find that I am more comfortable in a bra. It may be mild insecurity, I am not sure. But I like that when I wear I know that if my shirt decides to move and flash someone that I have my bra still covering me. Plus I did in fact fail to mention that I have an obsession with underwear, bras and such. I find it extremely powerful and extremely sexy.

Take care. Be well. God Bless**

A bra is NOT comfortable.
But its worth it not to be ogled.
Maybe I should just hang around women and gay men.

:frowning:

Just make sure they’re straight women:)

Can you honestly say that you don’t like to be looked at by males? I do, just not in that dirty way. If they are staring at my boobs because they are just hangin’ then that is not so good, but if they are looking because you are attractive that is another story.

Take care. Be well. God Bless*

I duuno, maybe I’ve been in too many fundie churches.
Who believe that if a male looks at you and gets turned on, its YOUR fault!
Unless, of course, he’s weird and likes sweatclothes or something

I have to wear a bra, not for support, although that may be an issue in a few more years.
The reason I have to wear a bra is because of my
Titanium Nipples!

I swear those boogers won’t lay down for nuthin’. Even when I wear a bra you can see 'em. You know those tank tops with the built-in bras? I have to wear a bra with those.
I get dirty looks from other women 'cause they think I’m doing it on purpose, men never look at my face, and if I had a dollar for every time somebody asked me if I was cold…:rolleyes:

Since we’re talking about intentional/non-intentional exhibitionism, I feel it is my civic duty to inform the other ladies that if you wear a backpack, it can make your skirt ride up. I walked behind a woman once who was showing all her bum this way - I never caught up to her, or I would have tipped her off.

I wear a bra as little as possible. Which means that it comes off as soon as I get home from work (because I don’t want oogly cow-orker to look at the girls) and doesn’t go back on until the next morning.

I do it as a comfort thing, not to entice, and not because I don’t care if they see, and not because I’m clueless. I just figure they don’t have to wear anything to hold their external genitalia in place, why should I?

Band…nah. Too obvious.:wink:

I HATE bras. But sometimes it gets really uncomfortable to not have any support, so I wear one of those “shelf bras” (you know, the ones without individual cups but don’t cause ** uni-boob ** like sports bras). my $.02

That’s a funny word, “should”. Why should women have to worry about the male gaze? I’m not saying they don’t worry about it, I know I certainly do, but is this the way it should be?

Since I hit puberty oh so many years ago I’ve put a significant amount of effort into discouraging men from looking at me. I would never, ever publically go braless in any garment that stood the slightest chance of revealing anything below my collarbone or above my elbows. That’s because I know full well that there are plenty of men in the world who would “notice”, and that for some “noticing” may involve anything from catcalls up to and including physical assault. But I don’t like thinking this way, and while I don’t feel that I personally have any choice I can’t say that I think this is the way it should be. I think women should be able to dress how they like without thinking about men at all, and if there are women who feel comfortable doing this already then more power to them.

Who cares if some guy inadvertently sees my boobies? I don’t.

I am very modest with regard to clothing. I never wear anything tight or short or low-cut. I almost always wear a bra in “public.” I am quite busty, and the support is comfortable. It also makes me more comfortable to know that I am not swinging around in the breeze. At home I never wear a bra. At home, it feels more comfortable not to wear one. If somebody sees something, I don’t care. A paradox? Perhaps. But I just go with what feels right.

(On camping trips, etc., I will wear a bra during the day, but not at camp at night. I guess it’s the difference between being “at home” and “not at home,” even if home is just some clearing in the woods.)

If I am camping or on a paddling trip, I will change my clothes without worrying if anyone is going to see something. I’m sure I’ve given a lot of eyefuls in a lot of parking lots over the years. But changing your clothes is a natural part of life, and being briefly naked is part of that. The way I see it, if you want to sneak a peek go ahead. It’s your loss, because I don’t look too good without my clothes on!

Anyway, I’m not claiming any of the above makes sense. It’s just what I do. And if some guy thinks he’s getting lucky by seeing some Greeny Beany boobage, well then so be it. I don’t try to be sexy, either in the way I dress or in the way I fail to dress.

I have a younger brother who is very concerned about what other people think. He used to give me a lot of shit about not wearing a bra. Finally I came up with the idea of asking him whether he would like to wear a jock-strap all day, every day.

“Duh, of course not.” - or words to that effect.

“Why not?”

“Because they’re confining and uncomfortable.”

“That’s why I don’t like bras.”

Seems to have made an impression. That was a couple of years ago and he hasn’t hassled me about it since.

Don’t wear a bra around the house but generally do put one on when I go out. It’s the female equivalent of boxer shorts. Sometimes you just want to hang free.

(Insert musical notes) Born free…as free as the wind blows…

Too cold here to go without one.

Going braless is one thing, but wanting to expose them is another.

I know exactly what you mean, hillbilly queen. I thought maybe I was some freak of nature, but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one.