Breakfast sandwiches and eggs

I don’t like eggs either. The texture, the smell, just ew. Oddly, I enjoy eggy things, like custard or souffle. I have never had an issue ordering any sandwich without egg. In fact, it’s preferable at fast food places, because my sandwich is made to order. Just got the new smokehouse sausage thing from Dunkin donuts without eggs, for instance.

It’s actually pretty accurate. (Warning: Link to wikipedia article (with pictures) concerning the digestive/reproductive anatomy of birds.)

That said, it’s still a pretty silly position to take. Does Cheesesteak’s father refuse to eat vegetables and plant products because they came out of dirt?

More topically, my sister used to be vegan and still gets teased on occasion for the time she ordered “an egg sandwich, hold the eggs”. (She more or less wanted a biscuit with a slice of tomato on it, but wanted to try to order off the menu.)

I wonder if a pay by the ingredient system would be viable in restaurants. If you want meat, pay for meat. If you want an egg, pay for an egg. If you don’t want something, you don’t pay for it. It stinks to have to pay for ingredients you specifically asked not to have.

Stay out of fast food joints, for starters. Go to an actual restaurant, order a side of toast (or biscuits) and a side of sausage or bacon. Put ‘em bot’ togedda. Voila!

Cheesesteak the Elder is a notoriously picky eater, and can come up with a variety of silly reasons to avoid foods he doesn’t like.

Really, if you want a good breakfast, why eat a breakfast sandwich? Go to a diner and order a la carte.

As for non-eggs, Dunkin Donuts offer bagels with cream cheese (mediocre bagels, but adequate if toasted). Or I’d go to Brueggers and have the same with a good bagel. Our local chain, Stewart’s, offers a buttered hard roll (or with peanut butter).

I understand. The “vegetables come from dirt” excuse has been used on occasion by my father (though in his defense, he was probably joking; it can be hard to tell.)

You know what’s rough, being on a low-carb diet and having a food intolerance to eggs. Breakfast out is pretty much limited to sides of meat. Yuck.

There’s always 0 fat Greek yogurt!

7-eleven has sausage biscuits.

As does Steak 'n Shake. I can’t think of that many more standard fast food joints that serve breakfast (I don’t think Wendy’s does).

IIRC you are an old retired guy :slight_smile: (does that sting coming from a 50 year old?) Not all of us have the luxury of parking, sitting down, ordering, eating, waiting for the bill, sipping coffee, etc. For most of us it is hit the drive through and eat something in the car while driving to work. Sandwiches fit that bill… Two eggs over easy with a side of bacon, hash browns, and a biscuit and gravy doesn’t (but it does make me drool… and dream of when I can retire and have this instead)

For what it’s worth, the Wendy’s down the street opens without fail at nine in the morning and will gladly serve you a burger and fries.

I don’t really like egg, either. I can just about tolerate the folded egg on, say, a McDonalds biscuit sandwich, but that’s it. And that’s iffy.

I’ve never really had a problem ordering without egg on the biscuit sandwiches. I’ve had a harder time with the McMuffins. And, alas, the egg on that is just nasty to me, scent and all. But pretty much everyone will at least try to do it. Panera’s especially good, because you can watch them make it.

…or dessert that doesn’t involve dairy products, for that matter…

One alternative is to make them at home. Buy some Jimmy Dean fully cooked sausage patties, and some English muffins. Nuke the patties, toast the muffins, and you are good to go, in probably less time than it takes to order at the fast food place.

I often order the McD’s steak, egg & cheese bagel with no egg. It always cracks me up (sorry) that the order screen says “no folded”. :smiley:

UT

“You want me to hold the egg, huh?”

“I want you to hold it between your knees.”

mmm