Breaking Bad 5.02 "Madrigal" 7/22/2012

I had a weird thought today. Ol’ Gale wasn’t exactly a man’s man himself. Is it possible that all those chemistry scholarships came with a price tag?

Yeah, but you know what’s weird? I wanted Skyler to turn over towards him and f*&k his brains out. Evil Walt is hot!!!

Ding Ding!!! Madrigal owned not only the laundry but El Pollo Asado. They CLEARLY knew what was up. That’s why that head guy did what he did.

Possibly, though I took it to mean he knew the jig was up and there was no way out. We heard from the secretary that the cops had already come by before. Maybe he just couldn’t face prison.

I just have a feeling that child of Lydia’s is probably Gus’ offspring.

Gus may have been gay-( especially the way he and his first partner Max interacted before Hector killed him) but I thought there were children’s toys at Gus’ house, and it strikes me that Gus would be the type to at least give the divorced family man idea an opportunity. It would be good for the facade.

THIS. I kept thinking that not killing her was Mike’s “half measure,” and maybe a mistake he’ll regret. I think part of his reasoning was not only Lydia’s ability to get the ingredient Walt needs for the cook, her child is somehow central here.

Also, Hank’s alluding to 10 year old being the muscle reminded me of how that 11 year old little boy killed Combo. The show is very good at showing how the innocent get pulled into the horror of the drug world.

If she was part of Gus’s cover story—his ex-wife or whatever—she would be under much stronger scrutiny, not just one of many at Madrigal.

See below.

I did think the same thing, yes. But we’ve seen Hank have similar looks when the truth was right under his nose, yet he still never showed any signs of putting it all together. Also, another thing that he could have possibly been considering was if the supervisor guy was lying, and had been in cahoots with Gus all along.

Yeah, there have been subtle hints to Gus being gay, but nothing concrete, and he may have bisexual, after all. Or maybe he was gay and just wanted to father a child.

Not that weird a thought, there has been some speculation along those lines in these threads previously.

If the conjecture about Gus being the father is true, and Mike knew, that might explain why he decided against killing the mother and making the little girl an orphan.

Of course. That was pretty far from subtle.

Those weren’t just cash storage locations. They were dead drops where people downstream on the distribution side were dropping off revenues. No drugs going out means no money coming back.

Well, she is pretty vicious at Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Was watching this with my brother last night and he’s adamant that you wouldn’t be able to kill yourself with an AEDthe way Schuler did. Something to do with a mechanism in the device that checks for a pulse before firing. Can anyone answer this?

No, I’m quite certain you couldn’t kill yourself with the linked device (at least not the way Schuler did)…unless you beat yourself to death with it or choked on one of the small parts.

I was amazed last night - this show takes you places you never thought possible. Not necessarily good places either…

All this speculation about Madrigals, the list of 11 men, Chow, Mike, Lydia, her daughter, the feds finding out and freezing all the off shore accounts…it all goes back to one line from the season 5 premiere, when Mike meets Walt and Jesse in the desert, Mike gets out of the car, aiming the gun at Walt at says, “DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU’VE DONE?!”

Gus’ murder is going to set off a catastrophic chain of events.

What was Chow’s job in the orgnization?

I agree; my understanding is that an AED will not act upon a heart that is in normal rhythm. (On the other hand, I don’t think they’re designed to have one lead in your mouth, so perhaps he hacked it.)

From AMC’s website : Chow = the proprietor of Gus’s chemical warehouse

Click on the link Bob provided us with and see if that’s the answer you want to stick with. :smiley:

Holy crap, that’s hilarious. I copied that Amazon link last week, and I guess I failed at copying the correct link.

HERE is the correct link.

Must be Monday.

I liked the final flush as Schuler fell. :slight_smile:

Was Walt’s face all in black during the last scene? I couldn’t tell if it was one purpose or if it was just my TV.

It’s a well hidden easter egg. You press A, Y, Y, up, X, left, B, X, B, down, left, and fire — and off you go.