BREAKING BAD: The Complete Series Discussion Thread (with OPEN SPOILERS)

I recently started catching up on the classics, too, though I watched BB while it was running. But I recently finished The Wire, and before that, The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Rome.

Better Call Saul is an excellent follow up to Breaking Bad. It’s got all the great writing, quality acting and directing that you could want in a Breaking Bad successor. So far it doesn’t have quite the same “heart pounding out of your chest” suspense and anxiety I remember from Breaking Bad, but that’s a good thing. I feel less manipulated by it. The show is more thoughtful and cerebral, rather than pounding my emotions into a pulp.

I wanted to bring up an idea that a Youtube video recently convinced me is true: Walt didn’t die. The bullet that hit him was most likely a ricochet, he was hit in a not too dangerous place and the first responders were there within a minute of his being shot. All in all, a recipe for Walt surviving and going to prison for a long time, but leaving the question open for fans who wanted something different. A sequel would have to close that question though, wouldn’t it?

Also, I’ve always thought Jesse got away, too, though the odds didn’t seem great.

Remember, BCS is also a sequel… we may be told Walt’s fate yet.

I think Walt died by the simple expedient that the first responders did everything but go to his body. Had they thought him alive, they would have secured Walt before securing the building.

A TV movie or theatrical release?

My knee-jerk reaction is meh. If they want to tell us Jesse’s ongoing story, give us a series. Or at least a mini-series.

It’s not clear whether this will be a TV or a theatrical movie.