Brilliant Belgian Things

Enzo Scifo.

The question mark.

Plastic Bertrand.

Oh yes, I really like the way any pedestrian in Belgium crossing the road on a pedestrian walkway becomes invisible. Car drivers just drive on as if you weren’t there.

For that alone, the place deserves to be nuked. Don’t mind French fries with mayo. Don’t mind cherry-flavored beer. But that retarded “I can drive through pedestrians with impunity” attitude is too much. If I could pull the life support system on Belgium I would gladly do it.

Hercule Poirot

Lambics and Trappist have been mentioned.

But what about Wit! Don’t forget the Wit!

Georges Simenon
Cesar Franck
Hergé

Oh, Flemish, Dutch, in 15th-century terms it’s all the same.

Oh, I forgot waterzooi, and wit-bier (yes, Homebrew I picked up your bad pun in the beer thread).
The frites are good, even with mayo, but you must ask for souce ON THE SIDE or you get the huge glob of whatever on the top making it all near-inedible.

Hemlock, was that Brussels? I was actually shocked in Antwerp because the cars STOPPED at cross-walks.

I swear that was unintentional.

Leonidas chocolate
my friend Eva (she’s the best)
moules

[Dr. Evil] That’s how we drink it in Belgium. It’s called a Belgium dip! [/Dr. Evil]

** Peter Paul Rubens, Roger vanderWeiden/ de la Pasture, and the Brothers(?) van Eick**. It doesn’t get any better than that!

Victor Horta
Tintin and Snowy

Keep it coming… with luck I’ll be visiting Brussels for a few days next May and I want all the dirt!

Stoemp!

Not to be confused with Stomp, of course

Right now, St Sebastian Grand Cru is going down smoothly.

And Moules???

In case anyone was wondering, Lang zal ze leven in de Gloria!

You’re all forgetting Jacques Brel. His songs are actually some of the most beautiful poetry ever. Johnny Halliday is an entirely different matter.

The saxophone, by Adolphe Sax, Dinant (Belgium)