British Dopers: what's "Storge"?

This has been bothering me for a while.

On J.K. Rowling’s website, she dispells the rumor that the sixth Harry Potter book will be called The Pillar of Storge. The way she talks about it, it sounds like this supposed title is rather insulting, maybe even obscene. However, when I look up “storge” on Dictionary.com, it tells me that storge is “Parental affection; the instinctive affection which animals have for their young.” Doesn’t sound like something to get offended over. Googling the word gives me the same thing from a couple of “Word of the Day” type websites, and then lots of sites where “storage” has been misspelled.

So what’s the deal? Is there a slang meaning to storge that us Americans don’t know about?

The rumoured title seems to have been The Pillar of Storgé, rather than Storge. And no, never heard the word. Perhaps JK just thinks it would be a stupid title.

Googling Storgé just confirms that it’s a Greek term for paternal love. There is also Agápe (altruistic love; love for humanity), Philía (friendly, platonic love), and Éros (romantic/sexual love).

Rowling’s exact words are “I am trying very hard not to feel offended that anyone thought this was possible. ‘Storgé’, for crying out loud. Come on, people, get a grip.” It sounds like this was more than just a lame title, at least to her.