Bud Cort turns 75

If the internet is to be trusted, today Bud Cort turned 75, making him the same age Ruth Gordon was when they made Harold and Maude. I find this…I don’t know what. It was the first movie that really moved me, and I recall it very fondly. It’s been 15 years or so since I’ve seen it and I will spool it up later.

Maude : What a fuss this is – so unnecessary.
Harold : Don’t die, Maude, for Christ’s sake.
Maude : Oh, Harold – oh, don’t upset yourself so.
Harold : I love you. I love you!
Maude : Oh, Harold… That’s wonderful . Go and love some more.

One of my favorite movies. And I love the soundtrack. I haven’t seen it in years. I’ve got it stored on my DVR so maybe it’s time for a re-watch.

Are you trying to make me cry? Because it’s working

Man, do I ever feel old.

“Too late, Boone, you killed him.”

One of the best movies ever. I’ve probably watched it 10 or 15 times and would happily watch it another 10 or 15 more.

And yes, it’s weird that Bud Cort is now the same age as Ruth Gordon was in the movie. Of course, Maude turned 80 in the film, so we’ve still got five years to go before we really have to feel old. :crazy_face:

I’m counting on this!

I have not seen this movie in a little over 40 years. It’s time to watch it again. I loved it the one time I did see it. Thanks for bringing this back to mind.

Bud Cort also starred in a far-from-perfect but quite good Brewster McCloud.

He’d perhaps be better known but for this: “In 1979, Cort nearly died in a car accident on the Hollywood Freeway where he collided with an abandoned car blocking a lane into which he was turning. He broke an arm and a leg and sustained a concussion and a fractured skull. His face was severely lacerated and his lower lip nearly severed. Years of plastic surgery, substantial hospital bills, a lost court case, and the disruption of his career ensued.”

Love to know what you think of it now. For me it’s caught up in a particular moment in my life and it’s hard to separate all the feelings, so I love it no matter what.