buda bing, buda boom......origin?

Hey, I like to say this and someone at work asked be whence it came, and I realized i didn’t know. Someone else said that Andrew Dice Clay says it a lot, which don’t mean much to me, but I woundered where this expression started?
Larry

Well I always thought it grew out of the standard drum rimshot but that’s just a WAG.

The first time I noticed the phrase used a lot was in a kids show…help me here…the wierd scientist with the Larry Fine hairdo and an assistant dressed like a rat.

Beekman ? Sat the show? Good God!!! Larry Fine messin around in a lab!! And with a giant rat yet. It’s the end of the world as we know it! What a movie, The Pie That Creamed the World. Fine’s revenge for always being the 3rd Stooge. Even with Besser, all he ever got to do was say " Ah,leave him alone."

“Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.”-Marx

James Caan uses the phrase in “The Godfather” when he tells Al Pacino how difficult it will be to kill “The Turk” and the police captain. Something along the lines of “You gotta get up close to the guy and ‘bodda bing’ you blow his brains out.”

Or something like that.

I’ve always associated this expression with the Italians from Brooklyn. It’s the kind of thing Joe Peshi or Vinnie Barbarino would say.

i remember it from “moonlighting”; mid 80’s show with bruce willis and cybill shepard

People, people! Repeat after me:

Bada-bing”

Don’t you watch The Sopranos?

Gypsy: Tom, I don’t get you.
Tom Servo: Nobody does. I’m the wind, baby.

I’ve always assumed it was the verbalization of a rim-shot.

“I must leave this planet, if only for an hour.” – Antoine de St. Exupéry

Are you a turtle?

Ok, good answers all, I had the feeling it came from some sort of East Coast/jersey/new york/italian kinda thing, anyone know an earlier use than The Godfather?
Larry

Uhh, a verbalization of a rim shot is ba-dum bum kshhh

–Tim

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.

Earliest cite:
Genesis 3:24 – “And from the nothingness, He created light, bada-bing bada-boom. And he saw that it was good.”

Voted Best Sport
And narrowly averted the despised moniker Smiley Master

Forward deployed until 18AUG00

ROTFLMAO

Tim:

Yes; and the verbalization of the OP was originally no doubt ba-da-boom, ba-da-bing, not the other way around.(People have been saying it without knowing what they were saying). Bing=ksssh, although ksssh comes closer.

Disable Similes in this Post

I don’t know about its origins, or care. In fact

I HEREBY BANISH THIS PHRASE FROM THE ENGLISH AND ALL OTHER LANGUAGES OF THE UNIVERSE.

Thank you.

Dee da dee da dee dee do do / Dee ba ditty doh / Deedle dooby doo ba dee um bee ooby / Be doodle oodle doodle dee doh http://members.xoom.com/labradorian/

In your dreams Labrador boy

Depends on how you hit the cymbal.