Buffy 4-30-02 (Spoilers)

Of course… but remember, this happened AFTER she had already established herself as a Scooby. In addition, her rage was the kind that one might expect of a spurned woman, rather than a mass murderer.

As I said, that’s not to say that she was ever truly reformed. As I said, I have a problem with the Scoobies’ excusing of her past as a vengeance demon. However, her fury toward Xander simply doesn’t compare to Spike’s disregard for humanity in general.

Not if it’s done to prevent human beings from being killed. If a person shoots someone who’s about to mow down a crowd of people, then that person would not ordinarily be considered a murderer.

No offense, but I don’t think that’s right at all. There’s no indication that Tara accepted Buffy’s sexual liaisons with Spike. She might not have gone wiggy, but that doesn’ t mean she was okay with the idea. As for Willow accepting Spike, that’s purely speculation.

I’m not sure that Dawn truly had a crush on Spike, but even if she did, that would not imply approval of a romantic relationship with her sister. A crush is, after all, nothing more than a crush. As for Giles accepting Angel, that analogy simply doesn’t hold. After all, Angel had been consumately repentant, and he was attempting to atone for his sins.

So in other words, while the others MIGHT accept Spike/Buffy, we don’t have any indication that they would… much less that they would do so ‘fairly quickly.’

Was that a “oh, I’m not so smart” drool, or a “Gah … Willow sure is hot …” drool?

:wink:

Well, having just downloaded and watched next weeks ep here[sub] (thank you katiekilldare)[/sub], all I can say is “OhmygodWOW!”

I liked the bit at the beginning with the Geek Trio tilting at vampires, and the bit at the end with Tara & Willow (“Couldn’t we just skip all that? Couldn’t you be kissing me right now?”)

I note that we’ve been shown a depressed Zander drinking beer. And evidently Warren is planning to kill Johnathan? Presumably because Warren does not think Johnathan will stand for whatever bad stuff he’s planning? (And may even tell his mother!)

Actually, the Buffyverse has been quite explicit in saying that there is a difference between killing a human (any human, good, bad, or somewhere in between) and killing a demon. That’s why Faith flipped (though, to be fair, Faith had some issues already…), and that’s why Buffy has never killed Ethan Raine for his many dealings in Sunnydale.

And put me down for a “Willow sure is hot” drool…

Glad the link is still up and working.

One thing I’ve been hearing a lot of speculation about is the “Next time on Buffy” that ran after Entropy. It kept saying “All the rumors you’ve heard are wrong!”. There is a growing sentiment in the spoiler community that we’re being fed a red herring. Some speculate that the ending to next week’s Seeing Red is quite different then what we think it will be, and that two different endings were filmed. It’s so uncharacteristic of them to release the W pics, as well as some other stuff that is making people suspicious. I guess we’ll see soon enough!

secretly hoping it does end differently

Actually, toadspittle, it was a “duh” to bobkitt’s “how stupid do the writers think we are”, but it came in way too late.

Then it worked fine for my idiotically not finding the page correctly.

Then it worked just as well seeing bad-ass Willow.

So the answer to your question is “yes.”

:smiley:

You see? It continues to work as I misspell bobkitty!

Amazing!

I accidently posted this in the other Spike thread. My bad.
Aotl, I don’t think the Scoobies would have a problem with the Buffy-Spike relationship specifically because he’s a vampire, but because, though he has done good things, he’s basically an amoral bastard. Heck, I wouldn’t want a friend to date a human like Spike.

I actually find Xander very sympathetic. In some ways, I’m sort of going through the same thing right now (no, I haven’t left someone at the altar!) in terms of “I love you and I want to marry you, but I don’t want to marry you right now.” He was horrible to Spike at the end of the ep, but honestly I’d probably be just as horrible to anyone who had just had passionate, drunken sex with the person I loved and was trying to win back.

I think many of this season’s problems re: the inconsistent quality of the shows and very inconsistent treatments of Spike and Xander from week to week comes from the lack of focus by Joss this season as he has had multiple series and projects going and he has had to delegate more than in the past.

But, I think they probably buckled down at the end. I expect things to continue to improve quality wise,

I love the counter-spoiler previews-- everyone was SO sure about what was going to happen, now some doubt creeps in. Nice.

-me