Bundy's remarks about African-Americans were arguably stupid, and ignorant and offensive but..

Please PM me your address. My therapist needs to know where to send the bill.

I’ve seen some of the buzz about this on the internet, and I’m puzzled by the fact that no one is discussing some of the particularly weird things he said.

First of all, he blames abortions on government subsidies. He would also presumably blame actually going ahead and having the children on government subsidies. Is this a coded reference to promiscuity, or is the recrimination just fuzzy in his head?

Then, he suggests that black people are putting their young men in jail. Um, who is putting young blacks in jail again?

Then, he seems to think that the institution of slavery preserved black families? My understanding is that one of the horrors of slavery was that families were broken up at the whim of slaveholders. Someone on Slate addressed this issue. It turns out that this is a known right-wing meme, that “slavery was better for black people than welfare.” That’s such a nutty claim, I’m surprised Bundy’s invocation of it is mostly going uncommented on.

Someone on Salon felt the need to coin a term racial concern trolling (as though condescending to minorities wasn’t already part of what was meant by ‘concern trolling’). What the OP wants to take as non-racist because it’s spoken as if in a spirit of concern is simply an example of a well-known rhetorical tactic.

I read this thread then went off to do dishes. “Strange,” I thought, “I have a weird song in my head. It’s… MOTHERFUCKER IT’S THE THEME TO CHARLES IN CHARGE!”

So I hate you now.

Sure, as long as there’s a sofa on it..

:smiley:

His remarks were racist. His “girlfriend” has had her eyes opened up wide, if they were not before. Either she’ll swallow ( ahem ) her pride and ethics to stay with a sugardaddy, or she’ll beat it out of there for good.

What a piece of work.

There is a single “housing project” in North Las Vegas at this time as there were two and has since been demolished. If Bundy was referring t that one he’s roughly 12 years too late or he’s simply talking out of his ass. If he was referring the “Black” area of North Las (concentrated around the downtown area of North Las Vegas) that’s simply a lower income neighborhood and not a housing project

Also, as I stated on another thread, the housing project that I know of in Las Vegas is not on a main drag and there would little to no reason for a person who did not know someone in the area, wasn’t very lost or wasn’t trying to either score drugs or a stray hooker to go down there.

Metinks Bundy is full of Bravo Sierra

That song was the first thing that popped into my mind just seeing the phrase Jews in Charge. I’m pretty sure I hate myself worse than you do.

The idiocy of the claim that sans explicit hate racism is not racism roundly mocked (that rant is about as racist as it comes and would be even he spoke it out of love for those he believes are his inferiors) there is more here. More than his imagined housing project and imagined Old South of intact happy slave families singing joyfully pickin’ cotton.

An interesting take about what brought about his rant and its actual insight in the NYT.

Not possible!

I had to leave the thread for awhile after reading it, just to recover.

:slight_smile:

Very funny!

I guess they just don’t like people who sponge off the government…:wink:

I have coined a new term. The OP doesn’t mean to be racist. The OP doesn’t even think he IS racist, because racist doesn’t mean what people think it means as far as he’s concerned.

The OP is “The Accidental Racist”.

Perhaps Geena Davis will win another undeserved Oscar for co-starring in the film version of the OP’s life.:wink:

Normally I hate posts that just link to videos … but Rachel Maddow has a pretty scathing backstory about the inherent racism of the whole sovereign citizen movement and of Mr. Bundy in particular.

Brad Paisley and LL cool J beat you to it. Probably one of the most awkward, cringe inducing songs of all time.

Does that mean he always carries a copy of “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” with him when he flies so he won’t have to engage with the racists around him?

I’m sure he’s happy to chat with anyone he thinks is a Jew to praise them for the fine job they’re doing. Blacks – eh, they might not understand, and he feels really bad about that.

Then he’d be carrying a copy of Leon Uris’s “Exodus”.

Tasty! Where does the line start?

Specifically, it’s racial concern trolling.

Why? The minstrel-show form of racism, that looks on blacks with affection but contempt, is no less pernicious.