BunnyHurt 2 -- When you thought you could laugh no more

I’m sorry, I really am.
Only Punch [note: link deleted. -manhattan] if you have read the original book and the two spin-off series.
This link is for true fans only. I just hated to see it die so I commisioned a sequel.
It all started over here:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=57186

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, then visit where it started and join us on our magical mystery tour. If you go straight to first link, all the humor will be lost on you.

[Edited by manhattan on 01-26-2001 at 06:57 PM]

Omigod. I’ve been reading along in a kind of sick horror, but this is hysterical.

What the?

Okay, I’ve only read a few posts…

Am I nuts, or are all of Bunnyhurt’s posts in the link you provided EXACTLY the same as his SDMB GD posts? No matter how anyone responded to his OP? Right down to Arabs buying apartments? And “when do you anticipate Armageddon? Just curious.”

Can someone less nuts than me confirm?

::adjusts antennas on tinfoil hat::

I find it all pretty amusing, BB arguments were rebuffed in one forum, so he tries the exact same (already proven illogical) arguments in the other. And lo’ and behold, he is rebuffed again.
Who woulda thunk it?

I did not post any of those on the New Repuboic thread, obviously, someone called nevermorereasonable is posing as me reposting the thread and rewriting in previous replies to others questions. Obviously someone deeply offended.

no no no

It was me posting his posts over there:)

EXACTLY!!!

(minus our names)
The thread made it up to 39 posts and then just got pulled from their forum.

I’m not quite sure why, but I guess deep down I knew it would.

I made it all the way up to here:

I have the thread saved, if anyone wants a copy, let me know I will e-mail it to you. It is a masterpiece.:slight_smile:

Maybe I should head on over to the Left behind boards…

Whoa, I don’t know whether the theme from the Twilight Zone or Jefferson Airplane’s “Go Ask Alice” the most appropriate theme music for this thread. I’m open to suggestions.

Hurm. Aren’t our posts considered property of the Chicago Reader? Didn’t someone get in trouble once for reposting some of Wally’s stuff on his own page without Wally’s or the Reader’s permission? Just asking.

Hey!!!

I thought you didn’t come into this litter tray!!!

No fair!!!

I was just seeing what responses your thoughts got elsewhere. Maybe we rushed to judgement.
{running for the door}

I can’t get the link to the other BB to work!! I’m thinking of chasing his ass down there, but I can’t do it.
I blame my IT Department. They “upgraded” my Lotus Notes and in the process took away my beloved Netscape Navigator. Since then, I’m getting “not found” messages all the time.

Could someone repost the link, or type out the link for me?

Thanks,

Sua

[note: link removed. -manhattan]

[Edited by manhattan on 01-26-2001 at 07:00 PM]

I misunderstood what happened. I thought Brian had reposted over there. Apologies, Mr. B.

Sua

[note: link deleted. -manhattan]
Sorry, they pulled the thread. Let me know if you want a copy of the thread and I will e-mail it to you.

I was torn between trying to post the whole thing over there and risk nobody seeing any of it, or letting you guys know right away and risk someone informing the other site.

Here is the old link: [note: link deleted. -manhattan]
[Edited by manhattan on 01-26-2001 at 07:02 PM]

Are they? I’ve never heard this before. So if someone posts, say, a poem they’ve written they don’t own their poem any more?

They’re the property of the Reader AND the poster. It’s in the fine print at the bottom of the page:

I don’t see that nvmr had the right to repost Bunnyhurt’s material on another board without his knowledge. But that’s just MHO. It’s up to the mods and/or admins to decide whether or not something bad has been done.

Oh. Ha.

NVMR,

I don’t come here, I followed the link. I alerted Gaudere to what you were up to and feel to offer you fair warning. Mine and SDMB rights have been violated, obviously, kudos to Gr8kat for seeing it. You were posting my previous replies from here to random questions over there, prompting mostly questions of bewilderment as to the randomness and confusing nature of arrangement, no thankyou. I only caught a glimpse of what was going on, early on, and I do recall that one poster felt mine was an idea kicked around in Israel before, and one poster disturbingly called for the removal of Muslims from the region, another accused me of appeasement, a general criticism here. I think it is fair to say that the question was taken more seriously over there than here. I will go over soon and explain to the moderator what happened and post the link there to here so anyone can follow it if they wish. Again, I request that Gaudere or David do all they can to prevent this from happening. My apologies if my post tripped off some passive-aggressive streak in you, but that is the danger in great debates. Again, I feel I must permanently withdraw from this debate to prevent further mishaps. Please, Sua, Gr8kat, anyone else with a brain, let this one rest due to the abuse involved. I can’t compete with NVMR’s tactics, let Gaudere handle it.

Brian

PS to above post of mine: If I had known that any of you would condone NVMR actions, I wouldn’t have bothered talking with or taking even one of your posts seriously.

Read the fine print at the bottom of the thread. “No material contained in this site may be republished or reposted without express written consent of the Chicago Reader, Inc., except that message board users retain the right to republish or repost their own work.”

NoVoiceMoreReasonable, by doing this you have violated copyright, and you have, by your own admission, trolled another board, not to mention holding BB up to ridicule in another place. I am going to examine the rest of your posts on this message board. At the very least, you have one STRONG warning. If I find more evidence of trollery, you’re out of here.

Brian Bunnyhurt, if you need an Administrator of this board to back you up with your dealings on the other board, let me know. We don’t like this sort of thing here.

Lynn
Administrator
For the Straight Dope