Burger King Pokemon Recall

Anyone else see this commercial? In rapid-fire talking speed, a narrator explains that Burger King is recalling the Pokemon pokey ball they gave away with kiddie meals a few months back. Apparently they’re a choking hazard. The commercial asks that either you throw them away or bring them back to Burger King (where, I would expect, they would throw away).

Did something happen that necessitated the recall? Or did some safety inspector have a cow with it? Huh.

Side note: One of the 4th graders’ parents got busted at my school. Apparently, this parent worked at Burger King and was stealing Pokemon cards (when they were offering them) to give to her daughter. Daughter brought them to school (a no-no), bragged about it, and Mom wound up fired.

To quote “Flag Pole Sitter:” “Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding…the cretins cloning and feeding…”

formerly known as LauraRae

I’m a Raggety Ann in a Barbie Doll world.

Laura’s Stuff and Things

Sadly, there were deaths: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml00/00058.html

If you bring the ball back in, they’ll give you a free order of fries.

Zette

Love is like popsicles…you get too much you get too high.

Not enough and you’re gonna die…
Click here for some GOOD news for a change Zettecity

Of course, being a Pokémon product and now having been recalled, do you want to bet how many of these will be traded in for free fries? Not 1/650000th the amount that’ll wind up on eBay with no reserve.

“I guess one person can make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

The first toddler death from suffocation on those Pokemon balls was big news. I heard about it on TV, read about it in the paper, and actually saw notices up at Burger King about the hazard. This was a few weeks before the second death. The parents of the second child said they hadn’t heard about any problems. Left me scratching my head.

Changing my sig, because Wally said to, and I really like Wally, and I’ll do anything he says, anytime he says to.

Hmm, we’ve got one of those thingies, but it belongs to Middle Son, age 11 1/2, and Youngest Son is age almost 10, so there shouldn’t be a problem here . . . .

-Melin

Siamese attack puppet – California

Still neglecting and overprotecting my children

If you want my bluntly honest opinion on the matter, well if I was the person in charge of the whole of Burger King, I would have offered the toddler’s parents free Burger King meals for life and even pay all the funeral expenses, on top of the standard compensation pay out.

Can’t get any fairer than that if you ask me.

This thread is over a decade old and can no longer be on the topic of a recall from 2000. I don’t know why this thread wasn’t closed. :smack:

That todder would be smoking weed now if he hadn’t died.

Welcome to the SDMB, GeoBa92.

Though there’s no rule against reviving a thread that’s 14 years old, in general we try to keep our conversations more or less current and relevant.

I’ll close this, since at this point it’s neither.

twickster, MPSIMS moderator