Burn Notice returns!

Hey, don’t knock the Charger. That thing is a fine machine, in theory…

Hey, no way. It’s just that if you keep dumping 55 gallon drums of gas on it and firing it off, not to mention taking rounds through the windshield. :slight_smile:

Agreed, he definitely needs to up the QC with regards to who he lets near that thing. But I kind of understand, I wouldn’t be able to resist Fiona in any serious way either…

I love this show. Season 1 was really great.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the Season 2 opener. It seemed kinda…predictable. It was like they had so much business to set-up, not a whole lot interesting really happened.

Haven’t seen the second episode yet, but I recorded it and will watch tomorrow. Hopefully it will be back to its usual stellar standard.

How about towards the end of season 1, when he continues to mock the bad guys despite getting the crap beaten out of him? The dude impressed me…

“Yeah, that hurt a lot. Was it good for you?”
Jesus. :slight_smile:

I believe they setting up an arc of jobs for Carla. Whether Mike is proving himself or she is using him over various difficult jobs I don’t know.

There is a developing conflict between Michael and Carla. Again, I hope Fiona gets to kneecap someone. :slight_smile:

Don’t want to despoil your spoiler, but I hope so too.

I sure hope the keycard is ok…

Whoa! Season 2 closer.

[spoiler]Didn’t go how I thought it would. Michael has, of course, been trying to figure out Carla’s plan while she’s watching and using him. Rather than going back to the “Carla makes him do some jobs” it looks like he’ made a total break with her and is now an open enemy. Especially since she tried to blow him up after whacking her own hand-picked sniper. Carla will probably have her next choice of killer get taken out by Michael, or maybe she’s running a double-blind and is actually planning to totally fake an assassination. Michael could have been her fall guy. I expect that maybe the bad-dude from the episode where they snatched the sniper rifle will make a return.

That’s what I love about the show. Not only is it hard to predict, but I think the writers have a serious plan behind it all. I think whoever burned Michael did so specifically in order to put him in Miami and make him available for off-the-books operations there, and make sure that his “record” was so bad no official agency would work with him. The odd assassin that came after him? That’s smoe different group, or the “official” unofficial spies, who don’t realize what’s happened.[/spoiler]

I don’t think Jeffrey Donovan is very good at being a fake drunk, but I was impressed with his telephone religious conversion. I would like to see him acting “real” drunk sometimes. Except I doubt that Michael ever gets drunk; he always has to be on his game. And what was that in the oven, Tuna Tahiti? And he wouldn’t eat it just because Campbell made it?

Several possibilities here.

Carla burned Michael so she could use him for here nefarious purposes.
Someone else burned Michael, and she picked up a useful tool.
Carla is a good guy trying to catch the bad guys and Michael was burned to help her.

Sam is the bad guy who burned Michael and is running the Bad Guy Outfit.
Sam is a Good Guy and Michael’s controller.

Should it not be renewed, do we get a single episode where Michael is dead and Fiona gets her rifle out of the trunk and pops Carla?

Is Fiona really having a relationship with Whats His Name or just trying to attract Michael?

I’m just happy that it appears like USA is doing with Burn Notice what it is doing with their other series and divided the season in half so there will be new episodes at the beginning of 2009, probably around the time that Psych and Monk return for the second half of their seasons.

As for the finale I get the feeling that Carla and whoever she’s working for is not behind the explosion at the end. I think her punishment for Michael’s snooping was the actions taken against his mother and Nate and that the explosion was likely from a group operating against Carla’s operation and trying to stop the assassination and kill everyone involved in the attempt. I think the second half of the season could see Michael working more closely with Carla’s group against a common enemy while at the same time still trying to get out from under Carla’s thumb.

I hate you with the fire of a thousand suns.

Hey, you know spies. A bunch of bitchy little girls.

:slight_smile:

Probably not this choice, but as he does things so well, like plant a tracker on Carla I would not be surprised if he were a good guy in on the plot. It does, of course introduce an Alistair MacLean like complexity. Come to think if it, foiled bad guys in these last few episodes have the the life expectancy of an Alistair MacLean novel radio operator.

Yet more speculation; why did Michael spare the crazy guy who wanted him to kill someone last time? Is he planning to set him up as a fall guy with Carla?

I still the mastermind is going to turn out to be Audrey Landers. What other reason is there for her presence on that show?

For the guys, obviously.

I think Michael wanted to kill the assassin on the penultimate episode but couldn’t get a clear shot.

I couldn’t quite catch what was up with Nate’s limo company…did Carla set him up?

I edited and burned *Double Booked *and Good Soldier today, and I think he did have the shot. “Dead Larry” mocks him about “not being able to shoot your old friend.”

I think Carla just grabbed on the legitimate company to show Michael she could mess with his family.

Did I mention Michael should have made a rude gesture to Carla when they looked at each other under the truck?

No, his smile was just enough.

I have to agree. Sometimes less is more and a rude gesture would have been too much in that scene.