Bush/Cheney divide?

Really? That’s the dumbest concept you’ve ever heard?

I envy you.

I dunno, on the hierarchy of dumb there is a plateau where something is 100% dumb, it can’t be more than 100% dumb. So anything in that category is “The dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.” yours rates as well.

ElvisL1ves I hate to say it, but he has a really good point. I think there are a lot of people who just sit around contemplating and then talking shit about their contemplation, and they are no better than a man like Bush who acts without thinking.

In the “Truth based community” we like to both think AND act. :wink:

Erek

"The aide said that guys like me were ‘in what we call the reality-based community,’ which he defined as people who ‘believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.’ I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ‘That’s not the way the world really works anymore,’ he continued. ‘We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality – judiciously, as you will – we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.’

No human being on this planet has the right to be that arrogant. That guy should be strung up by his nads!

Eric Blair shudders in his grave. To have such abominable acumen …

Stranger

Is Dan Quayle available?

It does make me chuckle that we’re an empire, we don’t need silly things like empiricism.

Erek

Empiricist Yanqui dog!

I’m no Bush supporter, but the article that Kimstu linked to sounds pretty bizarre to me. I thought these guys never leaked nuttin’ to nobody. Now they’re sharing how Bush is completely out of control and blanking out? I don’t buy it.

No, they didn’t outsmart anyone. They lied, made personal attacks, called people traitors, covered up, leaked, any and every dirty trick they could use. Reality based community? Where is/was the reality in all the crap Bush and his cronies have said/spewed/done these past years? Where for that matter is ther any damn truth?

Now is the time to attack? Yeah. 9/11. America haters coming to get us. Grave and gathering danger. How much longer do we have to heart this fucking bullshit every time anyone raises a question or notices that things are seriously out of whack? And it’s only partisan when it comes from one side. Besides, Osama isn’t important. Bush said so himself. he used to be, then he wan’t, then he was(?) Flip flop flip flop. But, I guess anyone who doesn’t toe the party line is helping Osama, and so is a traitor.

Knock off the rightwing partisan horse shit. Mkay?

I’m not right wing. :wink:

Again like I said the issue isn’t partisan hackery.

The issue is that a broken executive would have trouble responding to a credible threat. What does this have to do with parties?

I don’t like either party. I heard really stupid shit out of liberal mouths about how much smarter they were than red states.

THe red states aren’t more moral, and the blue states aren’t smarter, that’s all I’m saying. They are equally moral and intelligent.

But again, this isn’t a partisan issue, the issue is the broken executive. It’s too bad the partisanship is obfuscating that.

Erek

I agree! Both parties stink on ice. My stance is that our executive (the person himself) is broken and has been for quite a while, and so are his closest appointees and advisors. I would further say that he has not proven himself worthy of any more slack than he’s already been given, he’s already tossed away any respect he may have once deserved, and that he’s already cost us all our standing in the “international community”.

I tend to agree, but I still have a few nagging memories that the pro-Bush people and their states did portray themselves as being more moral and having more values. So, while I agree with what you say about neither side having the upper hand, it’s hard to let go of that one - just on stubbornness.

That last got my attention mostly because this “rally round the flag” or “rally round the prez” keeps getting run up the flagpole. There is no solid reason to feel loyalty or admiration for the very person I see as the one who created our mess to begin with. Any time there is a problem, partisanship comes up in the “with me or against me” or the “America hater” form. The Bush presidency could be easily summed up by the words “rabid partisanship”. There is no reason to continually support an incompetent. That is not partisanship. If the administration is self destructing, they did it to themselves and they get no pity from me. That is not partisanship. Their own blind arrogance and incompetence is what will get them in the end.

Meanwhile each and every time things do not go his way, he invokes loyalty, 9/11 and terror again. Some of us see through it.

C’mon, man. He’s a “uniter, not a divider”. He said so himself, so it must be true. Obviously you’re a divider. Why do you hate America?

I’m not pitying THEM, I am pitying US.

I can agree that while I experience schadenfreude at this GOP administration’s current problems, I do NOT want Bush to weakened to the point of not actually being able to answer the red phone or something. That’s about as charitable as I can be with that man.

Just curious, but how do you view the PIPA report?

I thought it was “unificator”

I can’t help it. I’m just an America hating, freedom hating, evil bastard. It’s what I do. :eek:

The only way I could see Bush’s inner circle turning on him would be by supposing that he has successfully built up such a rough, macho culture around him that “loyalty” (meaning, “Don’t question me”) goes out the window when the young wolves smell that the alpha male is bleeding…

I just read it. It says in a nutshell, that the people most vocal about supporting Bush have no clue what they are talking about, and they do not let facts get in the way. It’s pretty damning.

Side comment.
Among the most vocal Bush supporters and Kerry haters that I personally know, they ALL continue to point fingers at those of us in the “fact based community”, and steadfastly refuse to read copies of any reports that I personally have offered to give them - FBI, CIA, Downing Street, anything that says They Are Wrong. Yet, they take anything from Freeper or O’Reilly or Limbaugh as absolute gospel. I don’t even try to argue or convince them anymore, I just tell them to shut the fuck up and keep their opinions to themselves.