Business idea: Sedation Travel

When I wake up from a trip to the dentist, I’m usually stuffed full of cotton swabs and bleeding profusely out the side of my mouth, so I’m kind of used to that.
Will your business also wake me at my destination by stuffing my mouth with balls and making sure there’s blood everywhere? Or is that an extra charge?

That’s what I was thinking – basically an air conditioned and padded steamer trunk. I should save the airlines tons of money if they could treat passenger even more like cargo than they already do. No stewardesses, just a load master.

Might even improve your survival odds in a crash.

Does it really matter which orifice you are bleeding from, so ling as it is stuffed with an absorbent padding? Jeez, some people are so picky.

They have this already. It’s called THE BAR AT THE AIRPORT.

And then once you get on the plane, you can have some more!

My fave airline evah was Midwestern, because they always offered something. Morning flight? Would you like orange juice, champagne, or a mimosa?

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin’ to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can’t control my fingers I can’t control my brain
Oh no no no no no

:smiley:

Wouldn’t be necessary if they had better beds in the airplane. I liked the idea of new efficient plane lay-outs that allow for better beds without costing much extra space.

Exactly. There are way too many fuckups in the the air travel industry for this idea to work.

Hell, just sign this model release and there’ll be a substantial discount.

Actually, I think if you are going to be significantly, wake-up-in-Aruba sedated, the safety protocols will be through the roof. I could see a $5K upcharge for any flight from a US international airport to Aruba.

That is brilliant.

One of many problems with the OP’s scheme is that the flights you most want to be knocked out for–say, small city, USA to Tokyo–are easily 30+ hour trips, including all the check-in crap and layovers. Are you going to catheterize me? Do I need an IV if I’m out for that long? Because I’m fairly sure I don’t want airline workers managing my life support.

Or as an added bonus, you’re already in a coffin so think of the savings in funeral costs if there’s a problem.

As an even bigger added bonus, if you’re an attractive female going to Aruba, perhaps that Van der Sloot guy or his cronies can pre-rape and murder you before you wake up as well. Just ask Natalie Holloway who had to go through all that the “old fashioned” way of being conscious for it. I bet she would have rather been sedated for that part of her trip.

I’m just imagining the first scene from Lost, except that everybody is sedated for another 12 hours. Would have saved that guy who got sucked into the engine though.

Don’t you worry your little head about what we are going to do with you. We will deliver your seemingly lifeless carcass to a point very near your final destination and then we will do our damnedest to wake your ass up. That’s all you need to know.

That all costs extra.

I dislike traveling but believe if I could overcome my three main objections to it of:

Going there
Being there and
Returning from there

I might come to enjoy it.

So I’d elect to be put under sedation before I leave and they can wake me up when it’s over and I’m back home. Problem solved.

That’s what I was thinking; why don’t they just drink?

Hey, on trains you can bring your own booze.* Of course I find trains far more pleasant than planes either way.

• If you have a sleeper compartment, it is explicitly permitted. If you have a coach seat, you can get away with it with minimal discretion.

I, for one, love the idea. Ever been on a 14-hour flight from Tokyo? Sitting in that uncomfy chair, being unable to sleep, being bored senseless, etc. etc.? Knock my ass out!

If they invent sleep regulators like in The *Fifth Element, *I’m all about it. If it’s based on current methods, meh.

“Pass the paper bag that holds the bottle, feel the rails rumbling 'neath the floor.”