Bye, Eutychus

According to the Announcement up from Ed, the Board is upgrading and they need new moderators. A lot of people have been wanting this, so it’s good news.

But there’s bad news, too. (always) It says Eutychus is leaving his position as moderator of MPSIMS.

We’ll miss you, Euty. I hope everything works out for you in what Ed called (a technical term, I believe) “Life.” As far as I saw nobody ever had trouble with you. I love the explanation of your screenname, too. God,

Bye.

–John

God, I’m bad at goodbyes. Anyone else want to say something?

Oh, wow, I’m sorry to see you go too. You have always been very nice and straightforward with me. I’ve read some posts about things going on in your life. I don’t know if they are true since they didn’t come from you but I do wish you the best. Even if you can no longer moderate I hope you will still come back and post.

All my very best to you and yours!
Byz

Euty…
I hope we still see you around posting…
Thanks for all your hard work!
Zette

Click here for some GOOD news for a change

Zettecity

Life? Life? What do you want one of those for?

God is dead. -Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. -God
Neitzsche is God. -Dead

Eutychus has maintained a good humor and a sense of fairness. Considering what some of us have dropped on this board he’s done a yoman’s job.
Good Luck.
Please come back.

I’m just curious Eutychus, but how much time out of your day did it take to moderate this board?

oh yeah, Thanks for not deleting any of my posts!

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Good luck with The Life, Euty. If you should succeed, please tell me how you did it so I can get A Life too. :wink:

Euthycus: a moderate among moderators. Best of luck to you and many thanks for a job well done.

Sorry about the spelling, Euty: sentiment remains the same, though

Thank you one and all for your kind words! I will still be around here and there; I’ll post when I get the chance and will still be a part of the Science Advisory Board. In answer to one question, to do the job properly takes anywhere from an hour to two hours a day, which I found I just didn’t have with any regularity. I felt that in order to be fair and moderate the job properly, it should go to someone who really has the time to do it correctly. As I think I’ve posted elsewhere here, I have two autistic children which are beginning to require more and more of my time, and as much as I would like to stay on, I have to give them the priority in my life right now. I’ll probably keep my hand in, though, and be available in case someone goes on vacation, takes a weekend off, or whatever.

Besides, Ed and Tuba caught me pickin’ my nose at the dinner table, and you know we just cant have that. :wink:

E-mail me if you love me. Thanks again!

Saint Eutychus
www.disneyshorts.org

Darn Fine Job you’ve done, Euty! (Can’t say damn to a saint, after all).

Good Luck, & I hope all goes well in the future.

Ugly

Pat, good luck and God bless. It’s a difficult row you have to hoe, and you always seem to do whatever needs to be done.

Stay in touch, mmm?

-Melin